EAD - Any suggestions

Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD - Any suggestions

ust,

If your spouse should meet with an unfortunate event while you're waiting to apply for adjustment, your plan would be to leave the USA?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ustraveler
I think I am better off just applying for my EAD and wait for marriage to become 24 months then apply for the AOS.

If I just get an conditional residency (2-year card), then I need to reapply for it to become 10 years and pay $465 + $80 biometrics fee to extend it.

What do you think?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
ust,

If your spouse should meet with an unfortunate event while you're waiting to apply for adjustment, your plan would be to leave the USA?

Regards, JEff
That is a valid point. I will apply for the GC as soon as i arrive.

Thank you very much.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:18 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Mr.F, and have a good trip.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ustraveler
That is a valid point. I will apply for the GC as soon as i arrive.

Thank you very much.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

I was also told by an "official", I don't remember who - as I was getting my Briish citizenship, that I couldn't have more than 2 nationalities. Also, a British friend of mine who recently became a US citizen told me he was told the same.

Perhaps, unless this is written clearly in legislation somewher, of either country in question, it's open to interpretation. And perhaps it's one of those things that fall sinto a grey area, between the cracks sort of thing, in which unless something happens that creates a problem, no one notices and it is all OK.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
I was also told by an "official", I don't remember who - as I was getting my Briish citizenship, that I couldn't have more than 2 nationalities. Also, a British friend of mine who recently became a US citizen told me he was told the same.
Idiots, both of them. Each country establishes the rules under which citizenship is granted... and unless a country specifically states that a person can have only their citizenship and no other (as some countries do), then a person is free to become a citizen of any other country. In those countries that allow only a single citizenship, then if you become a citizen of another country, you give up citizenship in the first country.

You can have multiple citizenships... and each country will treat you as a citizen of their country only, and ignore that you are a citizen of any other country.

Ian
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, that pumpkin hat looks like one of those old lady turbans with the velcro fasteners on it. You know, the gold lame ones. What have you done to poor doggity!?!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Idiots, both of them. Each country establishes the rules under which citizenship is granted... and unless a country specifically states that a person can have only their citizenship and no other (as some countries do), then a person is free to become a citizen of any other country. In those countries that allow only a single citizenship, then if you become a citizen of another country, you give up citizenship in the first country.

You can have multiple citizenships... and each country will treat you as a citizen of their country only, and ignore that you are a citizen of any other country.

Ian
Ian, I thought you were trying to teach me to be non judgemental last month. I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. I don't know about the official but the friend I mentioned is sure a very very smart person. Perhaps he was misinformed. You may be right in what you're saying in a very general sense. However, there are certainly some countries that are not of the type you specify, i.e. allowing only one citizenship, that will permit you to become a citizen of a second country while also allowing you to keep citizenship of your own only if you make a special application to the state. i.e. they don't "ignore" that you've taken on a second citizenship. That is a fact at least for the country that I was born in.
Have a nice weekend.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Ian, I thought you were trying to teach me to be non judgemental last month. I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. I don't know about the official but the friend I mentioned is sure a very very smart person. Perhaps he was misinformed. You may be right in what you're saying in a very general sense. However, there are certainly some countries that are not of the type you specify, i.e. allowing only one citizenship, that will permit you to become a citizen of a second country while also allowing you to keep citizenship of your own only if you make a special application to the state. i.e. they don't "ignore" that you've taken on a second citizenship. That is a fact at least for the country that I was born in.
Have a nice weekend.
Agree - applies also to the country I was born in. They in principle accept dual citizenship but put the hurdles so high that I can hardly fulfill the criteria
for dual citizenship (if I would care.

This brings me to the assumption that they don't like it at all . I also know

for sure that this also to Italy as well.

So they care a lot - in case you are british it seems to easier. However most of the other european countries put a lot of hurdles in place in case of dual citizenship hence they don't have a long history as immigration countries.

So if you talk for UK you are fine. If you talk for other countries maybe you can ask me particularly for Germany

Kind regards
CCR
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Germany and the Netherlands are the two I have heard you must get advance permission. I have never heard a peep about being limited to 2 nationalities.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Germany and the Netherlands are the two I have heard you must get advance permission. I have never heard a peep about being limited to 2 nationalities.
They make any additional citizenship really hard. So property or relatives are

not good enough. A third citizenship would raise some eye brows at least.
If you are a multinational manager working for a german global player or if you own a german company you maybe have a chance.

But in principle they don't like it at all.

But I personally want to get rid of my german citizenship anyway -

so it doesn't bother me too much.

Kind regards
CCR
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That is a fact at least for the country that I was born in.
Well, I know you're a UKC, but I have no idea where you were born - and I don't much care. Every country makes its own rules about who is a citizen and those rules are not binding on any other country. I don't care how difficult it might be to acquire citizenship in another country, if a country does not specifically bind you to being a citizen of their country only, then you can hold multiple citizenships.

Ian
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Every country makes its own rules about who is a citizen and those rules are not binding on any other country. I don't care how difficult it might be to acquire citizenship in another country, if a country does not specifically bind you to being a citizen of their country only, then you can hold multiple citizenships.

Ian
Exactly my point. So perhaps one should make statments about only those countries one knows about rather than sweeping generalizations and judgement statements such as "idiots".
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exactly my point. So perhaps one should make statments about only those countries one knows about rather than sweeping generalizations and judgement statements such as "idiots".
Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

Exactly my point.
Good, so you agree with me. Why then, are you still going on about it?

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Ian, that pumpkin hat looks like one of those old lady turbans with the velcro fasteners on it. You know, the gold lame ones. What have you done to poor doggity!?!
I know, I nearly wet myself when I first saw that!! So funny, you should keep it on there, Ian!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.