E3 to Green Card

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E3 to Green Card

Originally Posted by brooce
Sorry, you're right. I didn't read the rest of the thread. Dead giveaway now I see the mention of the I-140.
So we are back to square one
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
So we are back to square one
What was the question?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
What was the question?

Well, for Indian/Chinese born the total GC process takes 5-6 years (EB2) and 7-9 (EB3). I have no understanding of the complications involved however say if one were to file EB2 which takes 5-6 years i.e. at least 2 renewals. Can then the E3 renewal be denied? Is it indeed possible to apply and be safe?

Of course ready to consult an attorney but some ammunition would be helpful. post 77 of this thread says E-3 renewal can not be denied solely on GC application....
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Of course ready to consult an attorney but some ammunition would be helpful. post 77 of this thread says E-3 renewal can not be denied solely on GC application....
True, but any renewal can be denied for any number of other reasons.

Ian
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

E3CatLady3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, you're right. I didn't read the rest of the thread. Dead giveaway now I see the mention of the I-140.
Hey hi brooce, how's going with the interview? I am going through the same thing, just sent in my app not long ago and wonder how smooth is the application?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:57 am
Banned

wel_be is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, for Indian/Chinese born the total GC process takes 5-6 years (EB2) and 7-9 (EB3). I have no understanding of the complications involved however say if one were to file EB2 which takes 5-6 years i.e. at least 2 renewals. Can then the E3 renewal be denied? Is it indeed possible to apply and be safe?

Please add 1-3 years PERM processing time on top of EB-2 and EB-3 for mandatory steps such as recruitment, advertizing, PERM audit and PWD etc.This 5-6 years and 7-9 years wait is when you have I-140 approved.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:59 am
Desert dweller

brooce is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi E3Catlady, I got my greencard back on September 4th.

No hassles at all, aside from the 300 mile trip to Jacksonville
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

E3toGreenCard is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone recommend lawyers they have successfully used for e3 to green card and estimate costs per situation? thank you!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

E3toGreenCard is an unknown quantity at this point

i have found no cases of straight from e3 to gc. only e3 change to h1b or eb1-2 it seems as lawyers and all people on threads say they got e3 to gc but when asked further questions they indicate they changed to eb12 or h1b!

HAS ANYONE EVER GONE STRAIGHT FROM E3 TO GREEN CARD? edward?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by E3toGreenCard
i have found no cases of straight from e3 to gc. only e3 change to h1b or eb1-2 it seems as lawyers and all people on threads say they got e3 to gc but when asked further questions they indicate they changed to eb12 or h1b!

Please

- Do not post multiple posts
- Writing in caps is considered shouting
- I have no idea why you have a question mark after 'edward'

I am not sure if we have anyone on the forum that has gone from E-3 to GC except I think Wakkas but he has not posted here for a while now. E-3 to GC as I understand is a grey area (stand correct - this is my opinion). E-3 does not allow dual intent which makes lawyers view of E-3 > H-1B -> EB-2. However there was a recent post that had some details on a lawyer from Pittsburg who said they could do an E3 to GC.....need help to dig it out.

The other thing to consider is nationality. EB2 for certain nationalities takes up to 6 years which means at least 3 E3 visa renewals.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 12:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

HAS ANYONE EVER GONE STRAIGHT FROM E3 TO GREEN CARD?
With respect, why does it matter whether or not you get there directly? Oh... and please don't shout!

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Dougs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi E3Catlady, I got my greencard back on September 4th.

No hassles at all, aside from the 300 mile trip to Jacksonville

Hi brooce

Im an Aussie been working in the states under an E3 for some years now and to have married an USC. I wanted to ask did you use a lawyer for your GC? can you offer me any concise advice so I can enjoy the staus you have obtained, congrats!

Many thanks in advance
Dougs
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dougs
Hi brooce

Im an Aussie been working in the states under an E3 for some years now and to have married an USC. I wanted to ask did you use a lawyer for your GC? can you offer me any concise advice so I can enjoy the staus you have obtained, congrats!

Many thanks in advance
Dougs
Hi Dougs,

If you would like to find out about applying for your green card through your marriage relationship, we have a special forum for that here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

If you are planning on going via your employer, you're in the right place.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

yes i have got my GC directly from E3 without any change and i know that i am not the only one. My company has successfully done this for my aussies via Berry Applemann based in CA. I was in EB2 - other country category and got mine without renewal but my employer was ready to file E3 renewal if GC had not come. So you just have to educate your employer or ppl involved and ask them to research on this path more