E3 to GC

Old May 3rd 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: E3 to GC

Originally Posted by abboy
Congratulations, not sure if its true they said LC is the longest and most difficult part, my cousins in E-3 finished their biometrics already.
LC rules has changed and now for EB-2 ppl normally got their approved within a month.. dont know about EB-3 category. Now LC is done online and is faster
Old May 7th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

MrBurns1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wakkas,

Read in the other thread that you're waiting to file your 485. Just wondering why you would do this given what happened to the other guy who posted on this thread who was asked to leave the US. Why not just go for consular processing?
Old May 7th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

We still dont know the whole story of why the guy has been denied of AOS. And we don know at what stage he has he been denied.

Wakkas, were you able to get more info from him? did he mention if he has undergone fingerprinting/biometrics already before being denied?
Old May 8th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by abboy
We still dont know the whole story of why the guy has been denied of AOS. And we don know at what stage he has he been denied.

Wakkas, were you able to get more info from him? did he mention if he has undergone fingerprinting/biometrics already before being denied?
i did manage to get hold of him and his LC was denied for some reason.. and he freeked out and blamed that it was because of E3 status. I checked with sydney office (i did post the email reply in this thread few weeks back) that E3 can be a beneficary for GC (employer based or dv lottery or family based etc). I work for microsoft and they have their legal dept.. they applied for my H1b but its stuck in lottery thing. in the meantime i forwarded that email to them too.

my LC was filed on 10 April and i got the approval on 30 april.. and now i am waiting to get my medicals done ... lawyers have all forms filled out for I-140 and I-485 (as my date is current based on EB-2 and saudi born). So as soon as i give them the sealed medical results and new passport size photos, they will file the AOS.. then its a wait game.. and hopefully all will turn out well..

i am confident that getting GC while on E3 wont be an issue .. so fingers crossed.. will update when i come to know anything about my case..
Old May 9th 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wakkas
i did manage to get hold of him and his LC was denied for some reason.. and he freeked out and blamed that it was because of E3 status. I checked with sydney office (i did post the email reply in this thread few weeks back) that E3 can be a beneficary for GC (employer based or dv lottery or family based etc). I work for microsoft and they have their legal dept.. they applied for my H1b but its stuck in lottery thing. in the meantime i forwarded that email to them too.

my LC was filed on 10 April and i got the approval on 30 april.. and now i am waiting to get my medicals done ... lawyers have all forms filled out for I-140 and I-485 (as my date is current based on EB-2 and saudi born). So as soon as i give them the sealed medical results and new passport size photos, they will file the AOS.. then its a wait game.. and hopefully all will turn out well..

i am confident that getting GC while on E3 wont be an issue .. so fingers crossed.. will update when i come to know anything about my case..

Thanks for more info. I knew we are not hearing the whole story from the guy. I had a feeling it got to be the problem on LC that rippled on whole application. My cousin had already done with FP and has already been issued with AP and EAD.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Blue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really nice

Just to update. I got my LC approved last week and because my priority date is current based on EB-2 and Australia, so my company lawyers are in process of filing AOS. So after that i will hear if there is any issue for E3 ppl to get GC. will keep ppl updated.

So no on else has gone through the GC process while in E3?

Hoping for the best
have medical exams next week

Wakkas
Wakkas

Do you have any updates on your situation.

My priority date became available today so I can now submit my I485. Have you tried to leave the country while your application has been pending? I have a trip planned to Australia at the beginning of June where I will have to have my E3 stamped in my passport, I adjusted status here in the US. Should I wait until I get back to submit? I am concerned that if I wait they may retrogress the priority date again and I may no longer be current. Do you think there would be any issues with getting my E3 or getting back into the country if I submit my application first.

Thanks
Old May 15th 2007, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue1
Wakkas

Do you have any updates on your situation.

My priority date became available today so I can now submit my I485. Have you tried to leave the country while your application has been pending? I have a trip planned to Australia at the beginning of June where I will have to have my E3 stamped in my passport, I adjusted status here in the US. Should I wait until I get back to submit? I am concerned that if I wait they may retrogress the priority date again and I may no longer be current. Do you think there would be any issues with getting my E3 or getting back into the country if I submit my application first.

Thanks

I had my medicals done today so will send the sealed envelops to my attorney by end of the week to start my I-140 and I-485

I was told not to travel for 4 months after my process starts.. till i get payroll...

so delay ur aussie trip or do it ASAP.. why u want e3 now? ur date is current.. its just a wait now
Old May 15th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Blue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really niceBlue1 is just really nice

so delay ur aussie trip or do it ASAP.. why u want e3 now? ur date is current.. its just a wait now[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going there to get my visa I just wanted a holiday, I haven't been back home for 5 years so I was getting pressure from the family to come home for a visit.

Good luck with your application.

Thanks
Old May 16th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

As an E3, If you file your I485 ,wait for your advance parole before going out of the country.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

floating is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my medicals done today so will send the sealed envelops to my attorney by end of the week to start my I-140 and I-485

I was told not to travel for 4 months after my process starts.. till i get payroll...

so delay ur aussie trip or do it ASAP.. why u want e3 now? ur date is current.. its just a wait now
THANKS for your useful thread !!

any news ? you still on the GC way with E3 ? how about your H1B ?

cheers
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by floating
THANKS for your useful thread !!

any news ? you still on the GC way with E3 ? how about your H1B ?

cheers
My lawyers did manage to get a H1B approval for me.. so I have a H1B approval notice before they applied for my I-485.. but this was because they wanted to be safe.. by look of the email from US sydney it should not be an issue to get GC via E3.. it will be good if you can drop them an email and see the response.. and request them to put this question on their E3 FAQ website
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

My lawyers did manage to get a H1B approval for me.. so I have a H1B approval notice before they applied for my I-485.. but this was because they wanted to be safe.. by look of the email from US sydney it should not be an issue to get GC via E3.. it will be good if you can drop them an email and see the response.. and request them to put this question on their E3 FAQ website
Great news for anyone born in India, China, Mexico or Philippines..all EB categories are now current

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_061307.html

Just dont get the USCIS. EB-3 for India was backlogged to 200. All of a sudden in 1 day everything becomes current. I wouldnt be suprised if this only lasts for a week..lol..time to get my GC process started!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrBurns1980
Great news for anyone born in India, China, Mexico or Philippines..all EB categories are now current

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_061307.html

Just dont get the USCIS. EB-3 for India was backlogged to 200. All of a sudden in 1 day everything becomes current. I wouldnt be suprised if this only lasts for a week..lol..time to get my GC process started!!!
i heard that this is going to last tillnext ficial year (till october)
they reason they did this that they want more ppl to work and the ppl already in were unhappy that their spouse cant work.. now anyone new or old can come in and apply for 2nd step after LCA approval.. and get EAD and Advance payroll in fw months and thus both can work and travel as they please.. it might take 4-5 years to get actual GC but that will not be a big issue for most

Wakkas
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

i heard that this is going to last tillnext ficial year (till october)
they reason they did this that they want more ppl to work and the ppl already in were unhappy that their spouse cant work.. now anyone new or old can come in and apply for 2nd step after LCA approval.. and get EAD and Advance payroll in fw months and thus both can work and travel as they please.. it might take 4-5 years to get actual GC but that will not be a big issue for most

Wakkas
So after PERM gets approved we can apply for 140 and 485 together right? When can we apply for advan parole and EAD and how long does this take. I need to go to India in Jan so I am wondering if I get the first stage done by August 15th if I will be ok to travel in Jan.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrBurns1980
So after PERM gets approved we can apply for 140 and 485 together right? When can we apply for advan parole and EAD and how long does this take. I need to go to India in Jan so I am wondering if I get the first stage done by August 15th if I will be ok to travel in Jan.
well when you aply for I140 and 485,, you also apply for EAD and AP... it usually takes 3-4 months to get and in this time you cannot travel.. but this might take very long now because of all the applications.. so its hard to tell..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.