E2 VISA Advice

Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

brpatel83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post E2 VISA Advice

Hello,

I want to move to USA in next couple of years. The only practical option i can see is E2 visa. I have done bit of research and find my way to do this is E2 visa.

I am planning to buy a motel in partnership with my sister(USA citizen). The investment from my side will be around $150K to $200K.

Please send me any advice or comments if this is right way to do this?

Also, I have F4 visa category application from my sister which she did in 2008. I dont see this will open in next 5-8 years.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 VISA Advice

The information provided on E-2 applications by the consulates/embassies tends to be very comprehensive. If you comply with everything asked of you then you will have no problems - $150-200k as an investment is more than enough.

What specifically are you asking when you say/ "if this is the right way to do this?". No-one can pass judgement on whether it fits you personally with the information you have presented. Bear in mind, the E-2 has no direct path to a GC, but I assume you have that side of things in hand with your F-4.

Essentially, if you're asking whether this is a reasonable way to get you into the country prior to your F-4 application going through, then yes it sounds fair based on the information you have presented.

Your F-4 application isn't related let alone contiguous (like most multiple visa applications) so you don't need to be concerned about an impact of it on your E-2 application.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Shiversaint,

Thanks a lot for your response. Its really helpful. I wanted check if this is right way as i have F4 in process.

Contact of any good/experienced Attorney/consulates will be helpful.

Thanks Again.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brpatel83
Contact of any good/experienced Attorney/consulates will be helpful.
A consulate is a diplomatic office - a choice in your consulate is unlikely to change the result of your E-2, however the one from your originating country is probably advisable as they'll be more experienced with your own customs.

Attorneys are a dime a dozen. I can offer a recommendation for a UK based application but I have no experience outside of the UK. Please PM me if you are interested in that - I don't want to reveal my attorney's identity on an open forum for their privacy, and just as importantly, my own.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brpatel83
I wanted check if this is right way as i have F4 in process.
With respect... you don't have an F4 in process. Your F4 won't begin to process for another 8-10 years. Regardless, even if it was processing, you are allowed to have multiple visa applications processing at the same time - and one will have no effect whatsoever on any of the others.

Ian
Old Sep 6th 2017, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ian.