Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2-Spouse and absence of E2-Principal

E2-Spouse and absence of E2-Principal

Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2-Spouse and absence of E2-Principal

Hi,

my husband (principal) and I (spouse) have E2 visas. If my husbands project requires him to be present at the parent company abroad for a longer period of time (say 6-9 months) would I still be able to stay and keep my E2-status for that duration?
The project itself is something, that originates as part of his Job here in the US, just for implementation he would be needed abroad. So he would still be employed in the US, paid here and it's part of his job here and he would return to his job afterwards.

I ask, because as an E2-Spouse I have a very good job and don't want to give it up. There are also other factors like health insurance (wouldn't be covered by my US insurance, especially not, since I couldn't keep my job if I couldn't stay here) etc...

I know, that I could of course stay in status for a short period of time while my husband is away for a short business- or vacation trip, but how about the above mentioned longer timeframe?

Another scenario (although highly unlikely): If the company spontaneously decides for him to stay in the homecountry after completion of the project and he would not return back to his E2-job here, would that mean I'd have been out of status from the day he departs, although my own I-94 is still valid for another 2 years? Do they somehow compare the principal I-94 (and his leaving day) with mine or does only my own I-94 count?

Would be great if someone had some knowledge.

Thanks,
Ivonne