E2 recent experiences

Old Sep 8th 2017, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Vanremy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 recent experiences

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I think that is only available when bringing in an E-2 employee, not when purchasing a business for oneself, but I could be wrong.
Thanks Nutmegger
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

stephwheelerTexas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vanremy
I am just at the start of the E2 process. Previously lived in US on a Greencard, but that expired 20 years ago.

My husband and I are looking to move his business to Texas.

Can I ask, did you do your own business plan?

Many thanks
Stephanie
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stephwheelerTexas
Hi Vanremy
I am just at the start of the E2 process. Previously lived in US on a Greencard, but that expired 20 years ago.

My husband and I are looking to move his business to Texas.

Can I ask, did you do your own business plan?

Many thanks
Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

Yes I did a condensed business plan as was dictated by the embassy rules.

Good luck!

V
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

I finally got a response from the visa unit today and they have requested the following:

"
Please provide evidence that the funds have been irrevocably committed, using 9 FAM 402.9-6(B) subsection (e) as a guide.

· The Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement outlines that the sale will include the transfer of the seller’s leasehold interests:

o If available please include a copy of the valid lease.

"
I know this is a silly question but do you think they mean that the lease will be proof that the funds are irrevocably committed?

Thanks in advance
V
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like they are asking for evidence that the lease has been transferred to you to prove your financial commitment is permanent and not withdrawable.

So the lease showing you as the as the one responsible for it would be what they are looking for.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Jsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Calling all British E2 Visa holders!

My wife and I are considering applying for E2 Business Investor Visa and have a load of questions which we hope to get some help on from this forum.

We are planning on making the application in Jan-18 and are hoping to be in the US by Autumn 2018. We currently have a digital marketing consultancy in the UK and are planning to open a US consultancy with the help of our attorney.

However, we have many questions such as the following which we would really appreciate some feedback from people that have actually been through this process previously:

<<<SNIP>>>
10. How soon before expiry of E2 do you have to re-apply? How long does re-application take / cost?

This is just the tip of the iceberg! If you guys could share your experiences with me I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
J

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 1st 2017 at 1:48 pm. Reason: Non Immigration questions
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
It sounds like they are asking for evidence that the lease has been transferred to you to prove your financial commitment is permanent and not withdrawable.

So the lease showing you as the as the one responsible for it would be what they are looking for.
Thanks Shiversaint
Like I said I know it was a bit of a silly question but I thought exactly the same.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmith
My wife and I are considering applying for E2 Business Investor Visa and have a load of questions which we hope to get some help on from this forum.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

So that your questions don't get lost on somebody else's thread, it would be better if you could please start your own thread with your questions on.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Sykz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanremy
Hi all,

I finally got a response from the visa unit today and they have requested the following:

"
Please provide evidence that the funds have been irrevocably committed, using 9 FAM 402.9-6(B) subsection (e) as a guide.

· The Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement outlines that the sale will include the transfer of the seller’s leasehold interests:

o If available please include a copy of the valid lease.

"
I know this is a silly question but do you think they mean that the lease will be proof that the funds are irrevocably committed?

Thanks in advance
V

Hi,

Have you had any progress after the above RFE?

Last edited by Sykz; Oct 31st 2017 at 12:50 pm. Reason: spelling mistake