E2 fee's

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

richyje7727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 fee's

Hi,

Does anyone have a full schedule of costs for applying for an E2 ?

I am not looking for Attorney Fee's etc, but the costs the US embassy will charge for processing ?

I have looked at the US Embassy website, but I am not sure what all the fee's will be.

I see a MRV fee of $205

I will be the main applicant, but my wife and 3 kids will be joining me on trailing visa's

My wife will also be applying for an EAD when we arrive also.

Thanks for your help !
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 10:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 fee's

I've just done a search of the forum to try and help you with the question about fees, and lo and behold found a previous thread that sounded a bit familiar.......http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...-tx-e2-906144/

Please note that as per Site Rule 16 you are not allowed multiple usernames. Please let us know which you would like to keep and Admin will merge the two accounts, thx.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:10 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richyje7727
Hi,

Does anyone have a full schedule of costs for applying for an E2 ?

I am not looking for Attorney Fee's etc, but the costs the US embassy will charge for processing ?

I have looked at the US Embassy website, but I am not sure what all the fee's will be.

I see a MRV fee of $205

I will be the main applicant, but my wife and 3 kids will be joining me on trailing visa's

My wife will also be applying for an EAD when we arrive also.

Thanks for your help !
There is an additional reciprocity fee for those holding UK passports.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've just done a search of the forum to try and help you with the question about fees, and lo and behold found a previous thread that sounded a bit familiar.......http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...-tx-e2-906144/

Please note that as per Site Rule 16 you are not allowed multiple usernames. Please let us know which you would like to keep and Admin will merge the two accounts, thx.
Hi, Can I keep the richyje7727 username. The other username I have forgotten the details for... apologies.... thx
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
There is an additional reciprocity fee for those holding UK passports.
Hi, could you point me in the right direction here ?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richyje7727
Hi, Can I keep the richyje7727 username. The other username I have forgotten the details for... apologies.... thx
OK, I'll ask BEVS to merge the two accounts. For future ref you can request your password here - British Expats - FAQ: General Forum Usage

HTH.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, I'll ask BEVS to merge the two accounts. For future ref you can request your password here - British Expats - FAQ: General Forum Usage

HTH.
Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 1:09 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

So, have I got this right?

You've got $100,000 only and your bringing yourself, a wife and three children here to start a new business, which you envisage will eat up $40,000 of that money. From the remaining $60,000 you need to:
- buy 5 plane tickets here (I think you said you were hoping to come in the summer....when flights are at their most expensive)
- put a deposit on a rental home for the 5 of you (first, last and security deposit)
- live in a hotel until said home is ready
- furnish said home
- switch on utilities in said home
- buy small appliances and gadgets for said home (toaster, TV, computer, mobile phones etc)
- buy at least one car, insure it and get your driver licenses
- get healthcare for 5
- get children enrolled in school, purchase supplies, and subscribe to various after-school activities
- feed 5 people
- possibly continue to pay outstanding debts/loans in the U.K. (judging by the fact that seem to be satisfied with a hand-to-mouth existence here, I'm assuming you live the same way in the U.K.)

You're planning to uproot the entire family and go to the other side of the world. And you don't even know what the visa fees are?? Not researched this much, have you?

What are you running away from in the U.K.? Must be something terrible to do something that is almost certainly going to see your wife and children living in poverty. You are assuming that the house in the U.K. will rent and the rent will cover the rent here. That's putting a lot of eggs into one basket. What if the tenant leaves? Or doesn't pay? What if you can't find a tenant in the first place?

You have been banking on your wife getting an EAD promptly and sending her out to work. You were thinking she could apply for this before you leave so that she can start working the day she lands. Again, shows a lack of research on your part. And when she does start working, most of her income will be swallowed by child care costs for the youngest. Many people here are actually worse off working if they have young children.

I think you have a very rose-tinted view of life here. I picture you like Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses "this time next year we'll be millionaires!" Life can be very hard here with no support network and no access to social welfare when times get hard. It can be a great place to live. But it's an awful place to just exist.

I can understand wanting to give your family a "better life" but that takes more than sunshine and cheap buffets. There are plenty of places in Europe where you could go that would be a lot easier both on the wallet and the paperwork.

I lived in 5 different countries before I moved here. My motto was always to have in my savings enough money for a one-way business class ticket home. Because if it all falls apart or something happens and you need to return quickly that might be the only ticket left available. I think you might just need that.

Last edited by Twinkle0927; Feb 23rd 2018 at 1:11 am.