Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas

Old Aug 31st 2017, 5:31 pm   #2506
Closed Account

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druti75 View Post
If his company applies for E3 (through change of status) will he have to immediately give up his E3D and EAD or can he be on E3D status and continue working for his company with EAD until he gets his E3 approved?
He can be in the US in one status only. So he'll be in E-3D status until the E-3 is approved. He can continue to use his EAD until the E-3 is approved.

Quote:
His companies immigration department says he has to go to Australia for E3 visa stamping as it will be his first time E3, is that true?
Yes and no. If he changes status within the US, he'll be in E-3 status from the moment the E-3 is approved. However, if he leaves the US for any reason whatsoever he must then go to a US Consulate abroad to get a new visa in his passport - so he will be landlocked until then. He is able to live and work in the US only so long as he doesn't leave the US - and at that point, he must get a new visa or he has no way to return to the US.

Quote:
... can he not go to Canada?
Yes, but other countries, such as Canada, are not obligated to process the E-3 so there's no guarantee going to Canada will be successful. Ultimately, it may be easier to go to Australia.

Quote:
... if he has to go to consulate outside USA is there any time constraint he has to get all this process done?
I don't believe so, no. He need not go to a US Consulate until such time as he intends to travel outside the US.

Quote:
... if he has to go out of the country for E3 stamping and for some reason he did not get E3...
To my knowledge, his E-3D will still be valid even if his E-3 is denied. When he returns to the US, he must make sure the CBP officer admits him as an E-3D.

Quote:
... can he apply new E3D on my current E3 basis...
Yes, but he shouldn't need to.

Quote:
... does he have to apply new EAD?
Yes, but he shouldn't need to. So long as his E-3D status is valid, his EAD is valid.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Aug 31st 2017 at 5:33 pm.
ian-mstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:45 pm   #2507
kaimmy 
Just Joined

kaimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Anyone recently renewed their EAD? I see the fee has increased since my last renewal to $410 but it also says you must pay $85 for biometrics. I have never had to have a biometrics test or pay a fee for this the last 3 times ive renewed. Do you think I need to send a payment of $495 with my renewal application or just pay the $410?
kaimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st 2017, 1:43 am   #2508
Aus1 
Just Joined

Aus1 is an unknown quantity at this point

E3 VISA renewal or transfer.

Hello Their
I have couple of questions. Please let me know if you come across with this situation or you may have a better understanding.
Presently myself working in Detroit USA on E3 work VISA. I have got a new job offer and new employer already received a approved LCA. To expedite the time or joining process, new employer is asking me to go Mexico city and give interview and get VISA stamping.
SO my query is!
1.-> If I go for VISA interview and some reason my new visa rejected. Can I come back from Mexico to Detroit and work for the previous employer?
Secondly,
2.A ->If I ask my New employer to do E3 VISA transfer, May I know how quickly this can happen? Any best and worst case timing you think?
2.B ->If new employer got my E3-VASA rejection from USCIS, is it mean my present E3 VISA on which I am working here is also no more valid?
Hey! Any appropriate suggestions or comments are more valuable to me. Please feel free to express.

Thank you in advance!
Aus1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas