Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Derekisastro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Dear sirs or madams,

Great thread guys, I'm in the process of finalising my E3 visa, largely been very easy. My inquiry is in regard to this statement in the FAQ and information section of the Canberra visa website.

“Each dependent must make a separate visa application, but children under 14 who are Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia are not usually required to attend an interview.”

I wish to gain clarification on how I am able to determine if my child, under the age of 14 is going to be required to attend an interview? The statement that children under 14 are not usually required implies that there may be cases when they are required to attend interviews?

To further clarify the situation, I am currently in US on the VWP. I have all the required paperwork, etc, for my own E3 visa. I intend to visit the US consulate in Vancouver for my visa interview. I do not intend to return to Australia. My daughter is currently in Australia. I was hoping to be able to obtain both my E3 visa and her E3D visa at the same time during my visa interview in Vancouver. I have all the necessary paperwork, etc for my child’s application as well.

Is this possible? Is my child’s required attendance based upon the US consulate in which I have my interview, or is it independent upon the US consulate I choose (Melbourne, Vancouver, etc)?

Thank you for any information, though a personal experience or two would be awesome!

Kind regards,

Derek.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
1. will there be an issue if the owner of the company shares the same surname of me? (distant relative, but theres a legit position for me).
2. US$390 application fee. i'm guessing this is payable once i get the reference from a completed DS-160 application?
I doubt anyone here is going to be able to answer #1. Whilst technically I'm sure there's nothing in the rules to say it's not allowed, I can see a number of questions being raised around whether it's really a legitimate position, as well as the "ties to Australia" issue given that you're going to the US to work with (and I presume live with/near) "family".

For #2, you would normally pay the fee just before your interview - you need to show the receipt during the interview. In Australia you'll pay this at Australia Post. In Canada at Scotia Bank, and in other countries in a similar place.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derekisastro
I was hoping to be able to obtain both my E3 visa and her E3D visa at the same time during my visa interview in Vancouver. I have all the necessary paperwork, etc for my child’s application as well.
Do you have your daughter's passport with you?

Ian
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do you have your daughter's passport with you?

Ian
Yes .

(I smile becuase I knew this question would arise ... I should have been more explicit in my statement that I had all the necessary paperwork, etc ...).

D.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

(I smile becuase I knew this question would arise ... I should have been more explicit in my statement that I had all the necessary paperwork, etc ...).
Well then... on the assumption that you have sufficient documentation to prove she is your daughter and therefore eligible for a derivative visa, you should be fine.

Worst case scenario - you don't get your daughter's visa and she needs to appear at a US consulate to get the visa. She'll need proof of her relationship to you (ie. birth certificate), and proof of your E-3 status. There probably won't be an "interview" but she may still have to appear.

Ian
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes .

D.
What about her mother's E3D? If you two are not together, you're going to need permission from her to bring the child anyway... I don't have a link to back this up, but I think a 3rd country Consulate would not be too thrilled to do this.
The last conversation we had on the topic never did come to a conclusion. I think the guy was going to apply in Switzerland, which might narrow your search.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
What about her mother's E3D? If you two are not together, you're going to need permission from her to bring the child anyway... I don't have a link to back this up, but I think a 3rd country Consulate would not be too thrilled to do this.
The last conversation we had on the topic never did come to a conclusion. I think the guy was going to apply in Switzerland, which might narrow your search.
I'm prepared, at the very least, to need "proof" that I have full custody of the child, which is no problem (nor, to that matter, would it be an issue to have a declaration from the mother giving permission as well if needed). I do respect, however, the point you make, the more convoluted it gets, the tougher it get's in a 3rd country. I guess, as Ian has suggested, that worse case scenario, she is denied her visa and needs to appply in person, then that's fine. As long as I am correct in assuming any MRV fee paid for her for the inital appoinment does not need to be paid again for another appointment?

Ultimately, it would be nice to have someones first hand experience in this, perhaps I'll be the test case ...

D.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have never, in close to ten years of following this forum and others, seen anyone post the same situation. If you are using a lawyer, they should be able to tell you if there is a legal bar to this action, or if there is some discretion.
3rd country national cases are accepted as a courtesy, for straight forward situations. Whenever you wind up in a situation that is going to require analysis of documents from countries that post is not used to dealing with, the CO will often just kick the case back to the home country. There are warnings about this on many Consulates' webpages.

Based on what I've observed for other Consular posts, you'll need specific permission from the child's other parent to remove her from her usual home.

The visa application fee would not be transferable if her application is denied in Canada. Think of it as a 'question fee' in this case.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

As long as I am correct in assuming any MRV fee paid for her for the inital appoinment does not need to be paid again for another appointment?
Of course it would need to be paid again! It's a Visa application fee. If you apply twice, you pay twice.

What's more, presuming her second interview would be at a consulate in Australia, I seriously doubt they would accept a receipt from Scotia Bank in Canada as proof of payment...

Also keep in mind that there have been reports of Canada not issuing new E3's (as opposed to renewals), although there's been at least one case of someone reporting that they did. It seems to me that trying to do this in Canada at all - even for yourself - might be asking for trouble.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:42 am
Account Closed

As long as I am correct in assuming any MRV fee paid for her for the inital appoinment does not need to be paid again for another appointment?
I suspect the fee will need to be paid twice.

But, I've just thought of something else. There are only two outcomes for a visa... approval or denial. If you are unsuccessful getting your daughter's visa it will be considered a denial and she must thereafter declare that denial on any US visa application she makes in the future.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

reggie14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

can someone provide me with details on this

I have been told by few consultancies in US that there are two kinds of employers,

1) candidate can be recruited directly by the company

2) candidate will be recruited by the recruitment consultancy either on permanant or on contract role, where the recruitment consultancy will become the employer(correct me if Im wrong)

My question is in second case, if we show the employment letter from recruitment consultancy is that enough or do we need to show any further documentation along with it?

One of the old companies which I worked for in melbourne got dissolved and due to which Im unable to provide any documentation for that experience, so what should I do in this scenario? I understand that we need to have employment letter, LCA, education cetificates and work certificates along with citizenship certificate for the interview, do we need to carry any other documents apart from this?

and can some one please elaborate on work experience certificates(to be shown for australia) like what do they expect from us, any letter or an email or the TL/PM contact number?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by reggie14
can someone provide me with details on this
This seems to be the exact same question you asked on April 19 in this very same thread. Did no one answer you before?

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

well when you have put that effort to find out when a question has been asked by me, I guess you can find out whether it has been answered and also what answer has been given?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by reggie14
well when you have put that effort to find out when a question has been asked by me
I clicked on your username... I didn't put any effort into it. Try it!

I guess you can find out whether it has been answered and also what answer has been given?
Well... since you're now getting snotty about it, I'll just keep the answers to myself.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks for letting me know the easy way. well no one has replied to it that was the reason why I bought up the question again.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I clicked on your username... I didn't put any effort into it. Try it!

Well... since you're now getting snotty about it, I'll just keep the answers to myself.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.