Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by Druti75
Thanks for getting back Ian.I meant the job offer I got is in Software Testing and looking for any advice on interview questions I should be expecting.
Mine was a slightly rhetorical response - it's likely the first question you'll be asked - because it's not a well-known term... but "software testing" is easy to decipher!

That said, you won't be asked any questions that you don't already know the answer to. They'll ask you about the job, your experience and training, what wage you'll be earning, and stuff like that. Nothing tricky!

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bm1789
I'm starting to get a bit worried because I heard even though they say "90 days" that it seems to be only 4-6 weeks for most people.
It might be 4-6 weeks for "some" people or "many" people, but not "most people".

Is there any reason to be concerned?
No.

Is there any reason an EAD would be denied for an E3D visa?
No - it's a benefit of your visa category. If you apply, you'll get it.

Also, do I really have to wait for the biometrics appointment letter? I heard you can just show up and have it taken.
You must have the letter. You can show up before your appointment date if you want - but you must still have the letter.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

bm1789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It might be 4-6 weeks for "some" people or "many" people, but not "most people".

Thanks for the answers. So what is it for "most people"?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

yogibear14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

First time poster so excuse me if this has been covered, I haven't read the entire thread.

I know it's stated quite clearly that it is not possible to be an independent contractor on the E-3. However, upon browsing the topic I came up with a couple of agencies, one of which has replied to me:

We have a US Umbrella/Management Company partner that can sponsor Australian IT, Telco, Finance and Engineering contractors/consultants on E3 visas, invoice your client(s) and pay-roll you in the US.

The catch is that you would need a confirmed contract offer before they would be able to look to go ahead.
I'm not 100% sure how contracting works in the US but I imagine this applies to medium-term contracts (6-12 months) which might not qualify as 'independent contractor' as defined in the immigration laws.

Does anyone have any idea about this sort of arrangement? Who files the LCA here, the agency or the end-client, and if the former how would one explain the situation to the end-client without looking completely dodgy ?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bm1789
So what is it for "most people"?
For most people, it's 60-90 days. Also, don't confuse "most people" with the "rest of the people"! Until you actually get the EAD, you won't know which group you're in. Some applications are processed quicker than others... and even 60-90 days isn't written in stone - and, even if it is, there's not much you can do about it if there's a delay for some reason.

Ian
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yogibear14
I know it's stated quite clearly that it is not possible to be an independent contractor on the E-3.
It might be stated clearly, but independent contractors are sometimes granted an E-3 visa. The trick was that they were able to demonstrate that they had only a single client, and that they worked exclusively for that client. In those cases, they were able to demonstrate an employer/employee relationship. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Who files the LCA here, the agency or the end-client...
Generally speaking, the employer files the LCA.

... if the former how would one explain the situation to the end-client without looking completely dodgy?
I'll let someone else answer that one... I've no idea - but it's probably possible!

Ian
Old Aug 19th 2014, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently waiting for my Administrative processing to complete. I know there is no timeline and no guarantees when it will complete but still is there a way to find out if they are even processing it? The case status website had the date when it was created and last updated. Those dates are same although it has been 15 working days so far after the interview.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Druti75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Ian
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by e3geek
... is there a way to find out if they are even processing it?
No.

Ian
Old Aug 20th 2014, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Can any one please advice how and where can I get my degree and PG diploma certificates evaluated in Melbourne, to show its equivalent to US degree.I don't have an australian degree.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Can any one please advice how and where can I get my degree and PG diploma certificates evaluated in Melbourne, to show its equivalent to US degree.
It's better if your credentials are certified by a well-known company, rather than someplace local. If your sponsor hasn't made a specific suggestion, many people report good results with www.wes.org.

I don't have an australian degree.
You aren't required to have an Australian one.

Ian
Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ian
Old Aug 21st 2014, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I used and liked Trustforte Corporation
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 1:47 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Can any one please advice how and where can I get my degree and PG diploma certificates evaluated in Melbourne, to show its equivalent to US degree.I don't have an australian degree.
I did at https://www.ece.org/
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

MaxPower1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I have read through a lot of information on E3 Visa on both britishexpats and other sites. I am more or less clear on what needs to be done and what the requirements are but still need to confirm with someone who has been through this process.

My wife is applying for roles in Livestock industry in US of A. She is Post PhD in the field so the education requirements are no issue. Also the roles she is looking for are something you need to be qualified for. She was contacted by a potential employer from a big ranch who seems interested in hiring her. He had never heard about E3 visa other than what we had in her cover letter:

"I have a Australian passport and there is E3 visa that offers me the opportunity to work in the US. This visa is only for Australians. The info I have about E3 visa is that is renewable indefinitely (in two-year increments) and at no cost to the employer. The employer is ‘not required’ to submit an I-129 Petition with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Employer only needs to provide me a job offer and file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), with the department of labor by filing ETA Form 9035 (no cost to the employer as there is no fee to submit ETA9035). Once the LCA is approved, I can apply for the visa and arrange all the papers (E3 visa process is completed in a matter of weeks compared to other visa types)."

Now the potential employer has sent her an email this morning asking her about the E3 visa and what he needs to do. I was thinking of replying that the below documents are required:

- Approved LCA by filing with department of labor by filing ETA Form 9035
- Formal Job Offer.

Can someone please confirm that above are the only 2 requirements that the employer has to fulfill. I am not sure if they have a lawyer that the ranch uses, I will be telling them to engage one for the filing on their side but still want to confirm that the above 2 are the only documents that need to be filed/given to us from the employer's side.

I appreciate your help, so thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.