Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

melbboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

I had my appointment this morning ( OTTAWA ) and It went well. All they needed was LCA 9035 and letter from the new company offering the position. They didn't even want to see my degree certificate, new company TAX forms and G28 form. Didn't ask me many questions and gave my fingerprints and the visa officer told me verbally "Your visa is approved" and they will call me to collect it when it is ready. Most of the other applicant was on L1 and H1B and I heard different visa officer asking them lot of questions their Job description etc. Make sure you don't bring any backpacks with you for you appointment. They will only keep your phone, camera etc at the security. I had to run back to my motel leave the backpack. I was even late 20 mins for my appointment.

How do I find the LOOMIS waybill number ?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melbboy

How do I find the LOOMIS waybill number ?
congratulations. the waybill number will be updated in your account where you have made the appointment. i think you will also receive an email.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:18 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sevusal
"We apologize for the confusion. Yes, you can still renewal yur E3 visa here in Mexico City no matter if you are under different employer."
This is good news as I assume the line in Mexico City is not as long as in Canada. I will consider going there next time I renew.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 5:11 am
Just Joined

DCAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd relay my experience from this week.

LCA came through last week, booked for Monday morning. I don't hold a bachelor's degree but have many years of work experience in communications, plus half a comms degree.

As soon as the guy at the counter learnt I didn't hold a degree, he shut it down, put me in admin processing. Wouldn't take any of the material I had prepared around this (proof of work experience, support letter, etc).

I got my passport back and a green form which was super vague about what admin processing means and what they want, and all he'd say was that I can reapply.

I emailed the Melbourne consulate that afternoon and they said they want my CV, so I am getting an academic equivalency done this week and am going to submit that, my CV, letters from previous employers and the support letter from my potential US employer.

Has this happened to anyone before? It was quite shocking how quickly I was shut down considering there is a prescribed amount of work experience to overcome the lack of degree and he wouldn't even look or consider that. If it's just a matter of extra paperwork, any sense of a timeline once it is submitted?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

congratulations. the waybill number will be updated in your account where you have made the appointment. i think you will also receive an email.
I checked my DS 160 Status and It says "Issued". But I still haven't got any email from Neither consulate or loomis. Should I call them or wait?. I am leaving this friday morning.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DCAussie
Thought I'd relay my experience from this week.

LCA came through last week, booked for Monday morning. I don't hold a bachelor's degree but have many years of work experience in communications, plus half a comms degree.

As soon as the guy at the counter learnt I didn't hold a degree, he shut it down, put me in admin processing. Wouldn't take any of the material I had prepared around this (proof of work experience, support letter, etc).

I got my passport back and a green form which was super vague about what admin processing means and what they want, and all he'd say was that I can reapply.

I emailed the Melbourne consulate that afternoon and they said they want my CV, so I am getting an academic equivalency done this week and am going to submit that, my CV, letters from previous employers and the support letter from my potential US employer.

Has this happened to anyone before? It was quite shocking how quickly I was shut down considering there is a prescribed amount of work experience to overcome the lack of degree and he wouldn't even look or consider that. If it's just a matter of extra paperwork, any sense of a timeline once it is submitted?
I applied for my E3 in Melbourne 2010 and I have a 4 year degree as well as 1 year work experience with the same company in states on J1 visa prior to that. I paid $400 dollars to get the US Equivalent academic evaluation. I also hired a lawyer in 2010 and paid him $2000 just for attorney fees. It was lot of paper work first time. But Everyone has to go through this. Good luck.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am leaving this friday morning.
Umm... not if you don't have the visa in your hands.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fair_dincum
This is good news as I assume the line in Mexico City is not as long as in Canada. I will consider going there next time I renew.
I discuss with my lawyer and she suggested to go to Ottawa (or even Australia) for new E3. She recommended not to go to Mexico for new E3 visa as she recently had experienced Administrative processing in MC with couple of her other clients.

so Ottawa it is!
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:19 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

I discuss with my lawyer and she suggested to go to Ottawa (or even Australia) for new E3. She recommended not to go to Mexico for new E3 visa as she recently had experienced Administrative processing in MC with couple of her other clients.

so Ottawa it is!
Good to know, thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean "new" as in first-time E3, or "new" as in change of employer (as opposed to E3R for the same employer)
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by docnetau
Do you mean "new" as in first-time E3, or "new" as in change of employer (as opposed to E3R for the same employer)
the later applies to me so i would say both.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Umm... not if you don't have the visa in your hands.

Ian
I got emails from both consulate and Loomis with waybill number. Loomis says "In Facility" .
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

I got emails from both consulate and Loomis with waybill number. Loomis says "In Facility" .
cool. So u had your interview on Tue and will get your passport on Thu?
Was your E3R or E3?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

the later applies to me so i would say both.
Why??

From what you posted, they are only accepting applications from those who have held an E-3 before (possibly from a different employer) not first-time applicants. This is probably to do with the fact that the real scrutiny of the degree happens the first time you apply; after that, they can reference their own notes on your file.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

agent_orange is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I had my E3 Renewal Appointment yesterday in SYdneyand was denied. I am still unsure why my application was denied.

I have 2 jobs on my current E3 visa, both I was wishing to renew with a slight pay increase. The officer advised me that neither of my roles required a bachelor's degree and were not specialty occupations. I asked him why they had been approved previously and he said that he could not comment on this. I am not sure what to do now as I am unsure how I should go about reapplying with new information.

Has anyone been in this situation and can offer help here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.