E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Panda79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No country is obligated to process a visa for a "Third Country National". I'd check first. While the US Embassy is in Ottawa, you might have better luck at a US Consulate in Canada... there are many to choose from.

Ian
I called and they said the same. 'Book an appointment at your own risk'. Looking at visa wait time, my best option is Ottawa or Vancover.

Do you know if you need to resigned from your previous employer or can you still be employed when you go for the appointment?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panda79
Do you know if you need to resigned from your previous employer or can you still be employed when you go for the appointment?
Sorry, that I'm not sure about.

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panda79
I called and they said the same. 'Book an appointment at your own risk'. Looking at visa wait time, my best option is Ottawa or Vancover.

The problem with this might be more about your re-entry. Would you re-enter to finish off work with your old employer, ie. on the old E-3? If so, I think you'd need to exit and re-enter on the new E-3 in order to start working at the new place. (Sorry, not sure about this at all - someone more knowledgeable, please chime in!)
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

E3toGreenCard is an unknown quantity at this point

i have found no cases of straight from e3 to gc. only e3 change to h1b or eb1-2 it seems as lawyers and all people on threads say they got e3 to gc but when asked further questions they indicate they changed to eb12 or h1b!

HAS ANYONE EVER GONE STRAIGHT FROM E3 TO GREEN CARD?
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Yamoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have read all 27 pages of this thread and really appreciate everyone's effort. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now.

My situation: I'm an Australian with a bachelors degree and I'm in New York on a VWP. I have been (almost) offered a job (it's full time, requires a bachelors) and I'm very excited by it. All we're waiting on is the final approval from senior management, but I've been for three interviews and they want me, it seems this final approval is a just a formality. The employer was not even scared off by the E-3 talk, which I found very promising.

So, I know that they will need to fill out the LCA before I can book an appointment at a consulate. On looking at the various wait times (I'm choosing between Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, London and Sydney) it seems that Ottawa has only 1 day wait time for an interview - which seems too good to be true.

I know many have recommended applying for your first visa from Sydney, however the prices are a little prohibitive. And the wait time is 10 days, making Canada even more tempting.

However, I rarely see Ottawa mentioned in this thread as an option for E-3 processing. Is that because Ottawa is an embassy not a consulate? Would anyone have any advice for applying in Ottawa? I've been to the city before and know it pretty well, so I'm not concerned about that.

Thanks in advance and thanks for reading this.

Last edited by Yamoo; Dec 10th 2010 at 4:01 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yamoo
Hi All,

I have read all 27 pages of this thread and really appreciate everyone's effort. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now.

My situation: I'm an Australian with a bachelors degree and I'm in New York on a VWP. I have been (almost) offered a job (it's full time, requires a bachelors) and I'm very excited by it. All we're waiting on is the final approval from senior management, but I've been for three interviews and they want me, it seems this final approval is a just a formality. The employer was not even scared off by the E-3 talk, which I found very promising.

So, I know that they will need to fill out the LCA before I can book an appointment at a consulate. On looking at the various wait times (I'm choosing between Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, London and Sydney) it seems that Ottawa has only 1 day wait time for an interview - which seems too good to be true.

I know many have recommended applying for your first visa waiver from Sydney, however the prices are a little prohibitive. And the wait time is 10 days, making Canada even more tempting.

However, I rarely see Ottawa mentioned in this thread as an option for E-3 processing. Is that because Ottawa is an embassy not a consulate? Would anyone have any advice for applying in Ottawa? I've been to the city before and know it pretty well, so I'm not concerned about that.

Thanks in advance and thanks for reading this.
Hi,

I don't know about Ottawa but assuming they process applications, they are not obliged to process third country apps. That being said, never once have I heard of a case where applications have been denied based on just that. Experts will correct me if I am wrong.

Around when my LCA was approved (May 2010), I was in touch with a few folks and all of our LCA's took exactly 7 days for approval.

Good luck and hey, congratulations on the success. Hope you enjoy it here. Keep the forum updated on how it goes for others' benefit.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Yamoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E3only
Hi,

I don't know about Ottawa but assuming they process applications, they are not obliged to process third country apps. That being said, never once have I heard of a case where applications have been denied based on just that. Experts will correct me if I am wrong.

Around when my LCA was approved (May 2010), I was in touch with a few folks and all of our LCA's took exactly 7 days for approval.

Good luck and hey, congratulations on the success. Hope you enjoy it here. Keep the forum updated on how it goes for others' benefit.
Thanks for your fast response and your well wishes. I'll definitely update the forum on my progress.

Sorry, there was a typo in my original post - I said: "I know many have recommended applying for your first visa waiver from Sydney..." however I obviously meant that many have recommended applying for your first E-3 visa from Sydney (or wherever you're from). It's fixed now.

Last edited by Yamoo; Dec 10th 2010 at 4:01 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized that it is time to close the 2010 thread and start a new one. Pack your bags, everyone. We're moving here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700174

Last edited by meauxna; Jan 11th 2011 at 5:09 pm.