E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old May 28th 2009, 4:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by klebe82
Sorry but there is nothing in there saying so. Or am i missing it?

It says that if im already in US and wants to change my status to E3, it is USCIS's headache. I understand that it will take 2-4 odd months to get that approved - am I allowed to work in the meantime?
There's no other benefit under US immigration that works that way (I sent in the application so I can start using the benefits). Everything else I have seen requires you to actually get permission.
Old May 28th 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

klebe82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
There's no other benefit under US immigration that works that way (I sent in the application so I can start using the benefits). Everything else I have seen requires you to actually get permission.
Cheers. I was just exploring my options. Already spent the night trying to find a visa appointment slot in Canada in vain. Most probably have to go to Australia for a quick turnaround i suppose.
Old May 28th 2009, 4:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. I was just exploring my options. Already spent the night trying to find a visa appointment slot in Canada in vain. Most probably have to go to Australia for a quick turnaround i suppose.
I can think of worse things.
Happy travels!
Old May 28th 2009, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but there is nothing in there saying so.
You can not apply for *any* visa from within the US. Think about it for a moment... why would you need a visa (the sole purpose of which is to ask permission to enter the US) if you are already in the US? You must be outside the US to apply for a visa. That said, you can be inside the US to apply for a change of status... but that's not quite the same thing - and, you won't actually get the new visa until you exit the US and re-enter.

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

mmm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I had a question concerning the 'specialty occupation' definition. I'm not sure if this has been covered already.

I have a bachelors degree (finance) and have been searching for jobs in my field. However as i don't have a tonne of experience I have been looking at more administrative assistant roles. So my question is if the job is advertised as 'bachelors degree required' is this sufficient for an E3? What if the job is advertised as 'bachelors degree preferred'? I have looked at the definitions on the http://online.onetcenter.org/ site and the jobs I am looking at generally indicate in terms of education that 'some jobs would require a bachelors degree'.

I am currently in the US on a B2 visa (co-habitating partner) if i were successful in obtaining a job offer how long would the process take to adjust my status to E3 - or alternatively if I made a new appointment in Canada to apply for the E3 would there be any consequences to my B2 visa if my new E3 application were denied?

Thanks in advance for your comments
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

mmm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

No responses as yet, any thoughts people??

thanks
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Job has to require a bachelor degree, not prefer it. You can check the DOL site for jobs that are "specialty professional" occupations. I can't imagine that adminstrative assistant is one of them.

E3 denial shouldn't affect your B2, I wouldn't imagine, although you have to declare when you enter the US if you've ever been denied a visa (I think) and would face extra scrutiny, I'd imagine.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

auiagman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have several questions about the E3 renew process in Canada. I have booked an appointment in Calgary, Canada on 06/30/2009. And my wife will go with me to renew E3D too. The questions are:

1, My wife is not australian citizen, so she's going to send out her temporary residental visa application to Canada consulate in LA this weekend. Will she be able to catch the time to get the stamped passport back before 06/30? Anybody has similar experience before?

2, Since we are going to submit our current I-94 in departure point, will Canada customer allow my wife to enter Canada? Her E3D is expired, but I-94 is valid. Will Canada customer officer refuse her in because, after she submits her I-94, she won't have sufficient evidence to prove she would still be able to re-enter US if she failed to get new E3D visa in Calgary?

3, Is that true that in Calgary consulate, I can choose to pick up my stamped passport in the next day? I don't have to have a valid postal address in Canada, correct?

Thanks in advance!
auiagman
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but there is nothing in there saying so. Or am i missing it?

It says that if im already in US and wants to change my status to E3, it is USCIS's headache. I understand that it will take 2-4 odd months to get that approved - am I allowed to work in the meantime?

You can COS to E3 from H4 but you CANNOT work until your E3 is approved. Alternatively, you can go to Canada and get new E3 in your passport if application if approved.

I am in a similar situation, but am on H1 and want to change back to E3. I dont want to go to Canada, etc and want to do a Change Of Status (COS) to E3 while I continue to work on H1.....does anyone in this forum know if I can do this? Thinking logically, I dont see why I cannot apply for COS to E3 from H1 and still continue to work until I get the outcome of the COS application. However, US immigration laws are not always logical. I guess many will agree!

If anyone knows about COS from H1 to E3...please post if you can continue to work on H1 until E3 is approved. If COS from H1 to E3 is denied, can you still continue to work on the H1?

Thanks everyone for replying.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:41 pm
Banned

e3visa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mmm123
Hi

I had a question concerning the 'specialty occupation' definition. I'm not sure if this has been covered already.

I have a bachelors degree (finance) and have been searching for jobs in my field. However as i don't have a tonne of experience I have been looking at more administrative assistant roles. So my question is if the job is advertised as 'bachelors degree required' is this sufficient for an E3? What if the job is advertised as 'bachelors degree preferred'? I have looked at the definitions on the http://online.onetcenter.org/ site and the jobs I am looking at generally indicate in terms of education that 'some jobs would require a bachelors degree'.

I am currently in the US on a B2 visa (co-habitating partner) if i were successful in obtaining a job offer how long would the process take to adjust my status to E3 - or alternatively if I made a new appointment in Canada to apply for the E3 would there be any consequences to my B2 visa if my new E3 application were denied?

Thanks in advance for your comments

The specialty occupation definition is very liberal in practical terms but admin assistant would not be an advisable route. My advise is search for jobs that you would normally otherwise search for given your qualifications and background and if you get an offer I am sure you will be fin in obtaining an E3 visa.

I would suggest your best option if you do get this offer in terms of speed may be to go to Canada and get a new E3 visa. This way also you have something lasting for 2 years and multiple entry.

Good Luck,
CJ
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

I have a question about the processing fee forr applying E3 and E3D in Calgary, Canada.

1, I noticed $131 US dollars was mentioned in the application form. Is it for one person or for two? My wife will go with me together. Should we pay $131 or $262?

2, Can I deposit the fee to ScotiaBank in any of bank in USA? Or I have to do it in other way. Can anybody describe a bit how it works to me?

thanks!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:49 pm

The visa application fee is $131 per person.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
The visa application fee is $131 per person.
thank you very much!

But how I do I pay that? I pay that in USA consulate on person? Or some other way?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

As you just said, I believe you pay at ScotiaBank and take the receipt to the consulate appointment.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by auiagman
thank you very much!

But how I do I pay that? I pay that in USA consulate on person? Or some other way?
google is your friend.

http://www.consular.canada.usembassy...ees_canada.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.