E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Romeo055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by rexilla
I'm on an E3D visa as my wife has the primary E3. Problem is we have just separated and she plans to leave the US in early April.

- Does my E3D become invalid when she quits her job?
- I'm thinking I'll get my own E3, had anyone gone from an E3D > their own E3? I'm assuming this wouldn't be an issue.

Cheers
I have an E3 Visa and have been working in the US for more than 2 years now (I renewed my E3 last year).

I am going back to Australia for a vacation in June and my immigration attorney tells me that I have to hand my Visa back in when I leave the US and re-apply for it in Australia (at a US Embassy) to be able to get back to the US.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Anyone done this and have any stories to tell?

Thanks for your time.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about

Did you just extend your E3 or apply for a brand new visa at a consulate outside of the US? If you only enxtended your E3 then yes, you will need to apply for a new E3 visa to re-enter the US.

Originally Posted by Romeo055
I have an E3 Visa and have been working in the US for more than 2 years now (I renewed my E3 last year).

I am going back to Australia for a vacation in June and my immigration attorney tells me that I have to hand my Visa back in when I leave the US and re-apply for it in Australia (at a US Embassy) to be able to get back to the US.

Anyone done this and have any stories to tell?

Thanks for your time.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

How did you "renew" your E-3? If you did it via USCIS then this is technically an "extension" not a renewal. The extension gives you permission to stay on within the US, but it does not give you the right to re-enter the US as you do not have a current Visa stamped in your passport.

In order to re-enter the US you will need to get a new Visa stamp in your passport, which needs to be done at a US Consulate outside of the US. I believe you'll need to take your current LCA and I-797, plus probably some form of proof of employment.

That's why most people have taken the other approach for "renewing" their E-3 by simply taking a trip up to Canada or elsewhere and just re-applying for a new E3 - not only do you get a new expiry date, but you also get a new physical visa so there's no need to go through all of this the first time you leave the country after your original E-3 expires.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Romeo055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
How did you "renew" your E-3? If you did it via USCIS then this is technically an "extension" not a renewal. The extension gives you permission to stay on within the US, but it does not give you the right to re-enter the US as you do not have a current Visa stamped in your passport.

In order to re-enter the US you will need to get a new Visa stamp in your passport, which needs to be done at a US Consulate outside of the US. I believe you'll need to take your current LCA and I-797, plus probably some form of proof of employment.

That's why most people have taken the other approach for "renewing" their E-3 by simply taking a trip up to Canada or elsewhere and just re-applying for a new E3 - not only do you get a new expiry date, but you also get a new physical visa so there's no need to go through all of this the first time you leave the country after your original E-3 expires.
G'day malj and docnetau

Thanks for your quick and informative responses. I now understand why I need to re-apply when I leave the country.

Have a great day
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:12 am
Just Joined

aussiegrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for New E-3

Originally Posted by docnetau
Yes. I did exactly this about 3 weeks ago in Calgary.

They canceled my existing E3 which still had over 11 months remaining ("canceled without prejudice") and issued the new one. I asked about this as I was still working for the old employer for a few weeks more and they said it wasn't a problem - as long as the old LCA was still valid (it's still valid until it expires or your old employer cancels it).

Absolutely trivial interview - I presume based on the fact that they took the existing E-3 as proof that I was suitably qualified and had passed all of the requirements the first time round.

On re-entering the US when they asked title/employer I just explained the situations and in the end I think he ended up writing down the name of the new employer (to match the visa) even though I wasn't working with them.

So all up, there should be no issues at all doing what you're wanting to do.
Thanks for the reply......I'm leaving the country tomorrow, hope to be back in a couple weeks with my new E-3.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

nickNYC is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if this needs its own thread, but if people find this useful it is there....

E-3 w/ Dem Government
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593782

Anyone know what will happen to the E3 with the Dems in power now?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickNYC
No one knows. It's not like anyone has a crystal ball. In a few years, you'll have your answer.

Ian
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about

This is all heresay of course, but given the relative unfamiliarity and "newness" of the E-3 in contrast to the H1, I wouldn't forsee anything happening with it in the near future. But of course who knows???

Originally Posted by nickNYC
Don't know if this needs its own thread, but if people find this useful it is there....

E-3 w/ Dem Government
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593782

Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:56 am
Just Joined

samsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Bailout restrictions imposed on H1b affect E3

Hello friends,

I just wondering how the bailout restrictions imposed on H1b affect E3 visas.
Can the companies who are benefiting from bailout recruit E3 visa holders.
If they are allowed to recruit E3 visa holder, in this bad economic situations can a new E3 visa holder get a job in U.S.

Will it be problem at the visa interview, if the visa officer think that in this bad situation as the unemployment is going up, how a candidate can get a job offer, and raise unnecessary queries about the job offer and sponsor company.

Your views please.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Bailout restrictions imposed on H1b affect E3

Originally Posted by samsam
Hello friends,

I just wondering how the bailout restrictions imposed on H1b affect E3 visas.
Can the companies who are benefiting from bailout recruit E3 visa holders.
If they are allowed to recruit E3 visa holder, in this bad economic situations can a new E3 visa holder get a job in U.S.

Will it be problem at the visa interview, if the visa officer think that in this bad situation as the unemployment is going up, how a candidate can get a job offer, and raise unnecessary queries about the job offer and sponsor company.

Your views please.

Please read posts #21 thru to #23 in this same thread.

Enjoy - hope you get your answer(s)!!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

rph3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone has any recent experience going to US consulate in Canada for the E-3 visa? Do you get the passport on the same day? I was planning to apply at either Vancouver or Calgary. Which is a better place to go?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:52 am
Banned

e3visa is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have to apply for a new visa before returning to the US as your visa has expired.

However you don't have to hand your visa back in...I am not sure what the attorney means by that...the visa is in your passport.

You should get rid of the attorney, the E3 is so simple so save your money
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

sban009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going for my E3 Visa and my sopuse E3D Renewal this friday in canada (ottawa). I have my company offer letter saying it is renewed for another 2 years, new LCA, paystubs until Feb (monthly payemnts), but i do not have any client letters for whom i am working. however i have the client badge - would that work or do we require the client letter? please advise, if anyone had this stiuation while in renewal.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sban009
I am going for my E3 Visa and my sopuse E3D Renewal this friday in canada (ottawa). I have my company offer letter saying it is renewed for another 2 years, new LCA, paystubs until Feb (monthly payemnts), but i do not have any client letters for whom i am working. however i have the client badge - would that work or do we require the client letter? please advise, if anyone had this stiuation while in renewal.

Thanks in advance

I take it that you are working for some consultancy and being outsourced to clients?

I would have thought, it did not matter what clients you are going to work for. If you are employed by an employer and as long as your LCA has their name and you have paystubs etc that should be fine?

Not in expert but thats the way I read the visa....
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

sban009 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes! i am working for the client through consultant company. Hope the consulting company documents should be enough with all the pay stubs and New LCA and supporting docs. Hope everything should goes well. Will update once i am back.

Thank you again for the quick reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.