E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

This thread is for discussion of the E-3 Visa, E-3D specifics, E-3 Renewals and E-3 to Permanent Residency or anything else E-3 related that you like.
We don't really have enough traffic to make a separate forum, but it's handy to have all the E-3 info in one place.
This thread is a continuation of http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328064

If there are any posts you would like copied into this thread, or even better yet, if someone wants to start a wiki page here, drop me a PM. I know there is a lot of good stuff in the old thread; let me know how it will work best for you.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

hew.masters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Hi All,

I have some questions about e3 renewal.

I have been in the US for the past two years and my e3 is about to expire. I requested from my employer sometime ago to arrange for a renewal of my e3 (silly me). They provided me with my new I94 today and said "Have fun with your new e3"

So obviously this isn't an e3 and now ive begun doing some research into what needs to be done to get a new e3. I can't extend my e3 since there is only a week or so left on it however based on the information I have read (mostly on this forum) I can go to canada to renew it.

Can I visit any of the us-consulates in canada to renew?

Has anyone ever gone to canada to renew with only an i94 and an expired e3?

I have my I797A (notice of e3 petition approval) and I also have my new LCA (till 2011).

I have the rest of my paper work in order.

Thanks
hew.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:11 am
Just Joined

frooti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Got my E3 Visa (Sydney consulate), no issues whatsoever. It was a breeze the officer was very friendly just asked a couple of questions the employer's name & my Australian Masters Degree that was it. Wow that feels good.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Robertsdt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frooti
Hi All,
Got my E3 Visa (Sydney consulate), no issues whatsoever. It was a breeze the officer was very friendly just asked a couple of questions the employer's name & my Australian Masters Degree that was it. Wow that feels good.
Hi guys got my E3 today in Perth. I got the E3 based on my 10 years experience as I dont have a degree. It was very simple interview and everyone was very friendly

Looking forward to heading over to San Fran.

Thanks to everyone for their posts
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robertsdt
Hi guys got my E3 today in Perth. I got the E3 based on my 10 years experience as I dont have a degree. It was very simple interview and everyone was very friendly

Looking forward to heading over to San Fran.

Thanks to everyone for their posts
Congrats to frooti and Robert!!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:33 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wakkas
Congrats to frooti and Robert!!!
If a company wants to get me an e3 visa what things should i look out for?
And which states in the U.S to target?
Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hew.masters
Can I visit any of the us-consulates in canada to renew?

Has anyone ever gone to canada to renew with only an i94 and an expired e3?
Technically you can't "renew" an E-3 at a US Consulate, however you can apply for a new E-3 which is for all due purpose the same thing.

Many people here have done in, including me a few weeks ago (in Calgary), and there were at least 2 other Aussies there on the same day "renewing" their E-3.

The only problem you're going to have is being able to get an appointment in time, but if you keep checking the website you should be able to find one within a few days (even though it will tell you there are none for X week, if you keep checking you'll find one due to someone else canceling/rescheduling)

The only concern would be how long your current E-3 was expired before your application. Technically once the E-3 expires you have to stop working and leave the country within 10 days, so...
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

hew.masters is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks docnetau, I think im actually going to the bahamas to renew. They have a much shorter wait time to get an appointment.

My E3 expired yeterday and I am now working on a I94 so technically that is fine.

I wont be able to get to the bahamas for 6 weeks, has anyone had any experience with leaving an E3 that long before renewal (or should I say reapplying?)

hew.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

I think im actually going to the bahamas to renew. They have a much shorter wait time to get an appointment.
I made my appointment in Calgary on a Saturday for the following Tuesday. If you keep trying you'll have no trouble getting one in multiple places in Canada within a week - but you _will_ need to try multiple times (I was checking every few hours, but it took me less than a day to get one so close).
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My E3 expired yeterday and I am now working on a I94 so technically that is fine.
No... it isn't "fine". The I-94, by itself, does *not* allow you to work... and if your E3 is expired, it is expired... and you have 10 days to leave the US.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks docnetau, I think im actually going to the bahamas to renew. They have a much shorter wait time to get an appointment.

I wont be able to get to the bahamas for 6 weeks, has anyone had any experience with leaving an E3 that long before renewal (or should I say reapplying?)

hew.
The I94 gives you permission to be in the US. It does NOT give you permission to work without a valid visa. You do not have a valid visa. You need to get a new E3, or stop working until you do.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:04 am
Just Joined

aussiegrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for New E-3

Hi Everyone,

Here is my question...

I am currently in the US on an E-3 Visa that was issued to me 6 months ago, and I have 18 months left on it. I am planning to resign from my current job and I have already found a new employer, who has hired me.

After reading through the threads from the old forum, and calling USCIS, in order for me to switch employers I need to have my new employer file and I-129, which I was told by USCIS could take 3-4 months and cost a whole lot of money, with no guarantee of approval.

To me that sounds ridiculous, especially when my new employer wants me to start ASAP and I want to leave my current job.

The other option I read is that I should leave the country, and apply for a whole new E-3 Visa, which should only take 3-4 weeks, and a whole lot less paperwork.

My question is.....am I able to apply for a new E-3 Visa with my new employer providing a job offer letter and a new LCA to me, even though I still have close to 18 months validity left on my current E-3?

In other words, are you allowed to apply for a new visa while you still have a current visa? Especially one that is still valid for a fairly long time?

Thanks guys....I appreciate your feedback.

I have already set up an appointment in Frankfurt, Germany....where I got my last one issued to me. The appointment is for next Tuesday Feb 24th.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Applying for New E-3

Originally Posted by aussiegrad
My question is.....am I able to apply for a new E-3 Visa with my new employer providing a job offer letter and a new LCA to me, even though I still have close to 18 months validity left on my current E-3?

In other words, are you allowed to apply for a new visa while you still have a current visa? Especially one that is still valid for a fairly long time?
Yes. I did exactly this about 3 weeks ago in Calgary.

They canceled my existing E3 which still had over 11 months remaining ("canceled without prejudice") and issued the new one. I asked about this as I was still working for the old employer for a few weeks more and they said it wasn't a problem - as long as the old LCA was still valid (it's still valid until it expires or your old employer cancels it).

Absolutely trivial interview - I presume based on the fact that they took the existing E-3 as proof that I was suitably qualified and had passed all of the requirements the first time round.

On re-entering the US when they asked title/employer I just explained the situations and in the end I think he ended up writing down the name of the new employer (to match the visa) even though I wasn't working with them.

So all up, there should be no issues at all doing what you're wanting to do.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for New E-3

Originally Posted by aussiegrad
I have already set up an appointment in Frankfurt, Germany....where I got my last one issued to me. The appointment is for next Tuesday Feb 24th.
Would be much faster and cheaper to just go to Canada for the new one. Even if it looks booked up, appointments tend to open up due to cancellations if you keep checking (from people's experience here).
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

rexilla is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on an E3D visa as my wife has the primary E3. Problem is we have just separated and she plans to leave the US in early April.

- Does my E3D become invalid when she quits her job?
- I'm thinking I'll get my own E3, had anyone gone from an E3D > their own E3? I'm assuming this wouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.