Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas

Closed Thread

Old May 7th 2012, 11:26 pm   #1
Just Joined

austinforever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DV Question

Hey guys. Was looking up eligibility criteria to enter the Diversity Lottery and was just wondering if I could apply because one of my parents was born in an eligible country but the other was born in the UK. Sadly I was born and raised here.

Many Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th 2012, 10:04 am   #2
Sanctimonious Prick
Premium Member

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinforever View Post
Was looking up eligibility criteria to enter the Diversity Lottery and was just wondering if I could apply because one of my parents was born in an eligible country but the other was born in the UK.
I don't think you are eligible. AFAIK, both parents must have been born in an eligible country for you to apply cross-chargeability.

Ian
Old May 8th 2012, 5:21 pm   #3
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
I don't think you are eligible. AFAIK, both parents must have been born in an eligible country for you to apply cross-chargeability.
This is correct, according to the DV2013 instructions.
Old May 9th 2012, 2:10 pm   #4
Just Joined

austinforever is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the confirmation! Back to the drawing board I guess!
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas