Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Does my child who is 14 have to travel to London for US Embassy interview?

Does my child who is 14 have to travel to London for US Embassy interview?

Old Aug 16th 2017, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my child who is 14 have to travel to London for US Embassy interview?

Originally Posted by Lilly77
Thanks everyone, yes it seems there is no way around this :-(

We could travel to Canada or Mexico I guess - but doesn't the Embassy take the passport away and stamp new visa in it? In which case we need to be in that country at least 7 days to wait for the return of the passport.

Re SA - my husband and I both British citizens but I was born in South Africa, so I think we'll be ok traveling there - definitely not going to US Embassy in SA, I agree - too sketchy and over Xmas period will be even worse!
I had my O-3 put in my pp in Toronto. Interview Monday am and I picked up passport at a courier centre on Wed around 5pm. I flew in Sunday evening and out Thursday morning. They have a very efficient system. It was also my first O-3 not a renewal.