Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Not for re-sale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

Originally Posted by Paul S
not entirely true. I had a company actively come after me whilst I was living in the UK

OH wow but I bet you had good work experience here right. I have only like 1 and a half years work experience plus my BA hons degree. I would be mega pleased if that happened to me. So you are currently in USA from UK. what field are u working in.
Did you just post your resume in different sites, how did you get them to come after you.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale
lolzzz nothing.. Just mentioning things I need to learn about the US immigration while reading up on it. The reason I am thinking of getting a job there is to be together. But he doesnt like the job he is in at the moment, and thinking of changing, but dont know how to go about doing that. So will also need to read up on that. not sure if he can change jobs straight away like normal people do or get intouch with the visa people to do that, or there is any paper he needs to fill..stuff like that I need to know.
He would have to find another company to sponsor him - then the company arranges for the transfer of the h1b.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:59 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

OH wow but I bet you had good work experience here right. I have only like 1 and a half years work experience plus my BA hons degree. I would be mega pleased if that happened to me.
17 years work experience

So you are currently in USA from UK. what field are u working in.
Regulatory Approvals (Machinery Safety, Risk Asessments, Electrical Product Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility
(wheres the snoring/sleeping emoticon when you need it ))

Did you just post your resume in different sites, how did you get them to come after you.
I knew the company owner from years back and he decided on a whim to see if i'd be interested in working for him
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:00 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

.........I knew the company owner from years back and he decided on a whim to see if i'd be interested in working for him
Networking is the key. That's how my husband got his job, and that's how every other H1b I know got theirs...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:10 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Networking is the key. That's how my husband got his job, and that's how every other H1b I know got theirs...

yep, The other Brit who I work with knew the owner too (plus me and him used to work together many years back.). Its a very incestuous industry in which i work
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Homebody

yep, The other Brit who I work with knew the owner too (plus me and him used to work together many years back.). Its a very incestuous industry in which i work
Every industry is. I am freelance, and every project I ever won was through someone I knew, or at the very least through a contact of a contact.

That's how things are done.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm
J. J. Farrell

On Mar 23, 12:07 pm, Elvira <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > he's on H1b but will that still apply seeing as we are not married.
>
> Well no. Your options are:
>
> - get married --> H4 (not allowed to work)
>
> - get a company to sponsor you for H1b (with or without getting married
> - i.e. not an issue)

The big advantage of becoming an H-4 is that it gets you into the USA.
That makes it much easier to find a potential employer to sponsor you
for an H-1B (if you want to work, and are qualified for an H-1B).

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Zedar

On 23 Mar, 17:32, Not for re-sale <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hi Everyone. I am thinking to work in USA and I am currently from UK. I
> came across this website H1base who basically said they will provide
> H1b visa and a proper job but you have to pay a sum of money like about
> £200 which is about $380 dollars. Has anyone ever worked with them
> or had dealings with them. Can anyone advise me if this is a real
> company and not someone trying to squeeze money out of us with no end
> product. Thanks
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://britishexpats.com

I paid them for access to their database. I'm happy it's kosher. They
state that this is just a record fo companies that petitioned for H1B
Visas in the past and that it is just not to taken any other way. I'm
happy they provide the service I paid for. As for them doing the
paperwork, since I agree with the current thinking that there's no
barrier to me doing this, I hadn't considered that part of their
service.

Old May 8th 2007, 8:00 pm
Dave223

> Hi Everyone. I am thinking to work in USA and I am currently from UK.
> I
> came across this website H1base who basically said they will provide
> H1b visa and a proper job but you have to pay a sum of money like
> about
> �?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?£200 which is about $380 dollars. Has anyone ever
> worked with them
> or had dealings with them. Can anyone advise me if this is a real
> company and not someone trying to squeeze money out of us with no end
> product. Thanks

It is a scam. My friend tried it and it just took your money without any
result. DO NOT TRY. IT IS DEFINITELY A REAL SCAM.

--

Old May 9th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

After using H1base a while back, I am still receiving emails asking whether I would like to use the service (in spite of asking them to remove me from their mailing list!).
My suspicion that it is a scam seems to have been confirmed by the contents of the emails which suggest that they will be able to arrange H1B visas in the near future, despite the application date for this year recently passing!
Definitly one to avoid I think