Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

Not for re-sale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

Originally Posted by mikec81
I used H1Base about a year ago and they were pretty useless to the honest. I dont think I paid as much as £200, although the service I got was nearly non existent.
For the fee I paid, I basically got a list of employers that the Company was aware of that offered H1B jobs. They did not really provide me with any specific advice on the procedure (and difficulty!) involved in getting a H1B.
I also found that there was no immiediate contact details for any individual within the Company, and it did not seem that there was much organisation behind the quite impressive website.
As the earlier posts have suggested, if it makes the process look easy, it is misleading. The process is anything but straightforward....

Oh that must have been aweful to experience... Im so glad i found this website to advise me. Cause I was getting worried about. My bf keeps asking to come and join him in USA, but its not easy getting a job there. I just dont have any clues when it comes to immigration and visas. Does anyone know of any site that can help me out.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale
Oh that must have been aweful to experience... Im so glad i found this website to advise me. Cause I was getting worried about. My bf keeps asking to come and join him in USA, but its not easy getting a job there. I just dont have any clues when it comes to immigration and visas. Does anyone know of any site that can help me out.
If you b/f is a USC, marry him.

Problem solved.

If not, what is his status in the US.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:10 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Check Pulaski's article here at BE

Read up at www.uscis.gov

Immigration Portal has tons of info on H1bs...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you b/f is a USC, marry him.

Problem solved.

If not, what is his status in the US.
No he's not a USC, he is indian, but I am British, His status in US is based on work permit. He's thinking to leave his current job and find another one, but Im not sure if he has to go to india to file for another job, or just look for another job as normal in US

Last edited by Not for re-sale; Mar 23rd 2007 at 6:22 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Check Pulaski's article here at BE

Read up at www.uscis.gov

Immigration Portal has tons of info on H1bs...
thanks I will check it out. Is Pulaski a member here?
what's the article called?

Last edited by Not for re-sale; Mar 23rd 2007 at 6:32 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

No he's not a USC, he is indian, but I am British, His status in US is based on work permit. He's thinking to leave his current job and find another one, but Im not sure if he has to go to india to file for another job, or just look for another job as normal in US
If he is on a H1, most likely, then as a spouse you can get a H4, but that would not allow you to work.

If he is on a L, possible, then as a spouse you get a L2 and can work.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

thanks I will check it out. Is Pulaski a member here?
what's the article called?
http://britishexpats.com/articles/us...rk-in-the-usa/
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
If he is on a H1, most likely, then as a spouse you can get a H4, but that would not allow you to work.

If he is on a L, possible, then as a spouse you get a L2 and can work.
he's on H1b but will that still apply seeing as we are not married.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

thanks for the article I just had a read of it. How can he go about changing his current job on H1b
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:07 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

he's on H1b but will that still apply seeing as we are not married.
Well no. Your options are:

- get married --> H4 (not allowed to work)

- get a company to sponsor you for H1b (with or without getting married - i.e. not an issue)
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Well no. Your options are:

- get married --> H4 (not allowed to work)

- get a company to sponsor you for H1b (with or without getting married - i.e. not an issue)
OK cool..never heard of H4 visa..i'll need to read more about US immigration. things seem so much complicated in USA. Well, I guess they have their reasons why.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

I can kiss working in USA good bye then, cos I doubt US employers will look all the way to UK for employees, when they can get them in US, and I have no idea where to look for those companies that have H1b jobs.

Thanks for all the replies..they have been so helpful...I guess i need to do more reading to help my bf in how to change his job and for myself aswell. Thanks all
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:19 pm
Homebody

I can kiss working in USA good bye then, cos I doubt US employers will look all the way to UK for employees, when they can get them in US, and I have no idea where to look for those companies that have H1b jobs.

Thanks for all the replies..they have been so helpful...I guess i need to do more reading to help my bf in how to change his job and for myself aswell. Thanks all
What has your bf changing jobs got to do with you getting a visa to move to the US?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:22 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

not entirely true. I had a company actively come after me whilst I was living in the UK
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

What has your bf changing jobs got to do with you getting a visa to move to the US?
lolzzz nothing.. Just mentioning things I need to learn about the US immigration while reading up on it. The reason I am thinking of getting a job there is to be together. But he doesnt like the job he is in at the moment, and thinking of changing, but dont know how to go about doing that. So will also need to read up on that. not sure if he can change jobs straight away like normal people do or get intouch with the visa people to do that, or there is any paper he needs to fill..stuff like that I need to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.