Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:21 am   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Hello Everybody!
I am a Business Executive with 2.5 yrs of experience, where my /our job is to provide ERP solutions for few Small Domestic & few emerging small international companies in my home country. Since I am quite knowledgeable with Techno commercial Marketing activities/Strategies; My company(Parent/Registered US Inc) with over 15- 20 employees in the USA is sponsoring me a L1 A visa, but my home company( A Subsidiary ) is very small with only 7 employees. What my question IS?
1.Do you think getting a L1 A visa for an applicant working in a small company with only few employees, be much Hard or Difficult than from the guys from MNC”s, U know!
2.& also du think a Masters degree( a MBA) is required for L1 A as such.
Though my sponsor in the US has got a lawyer & he said he’ll do his best. But, I am little anxious or rather doubtful about US consulates.
Sorry for this unreasonable question But? Any idea? Folks
Thank you
& Please Reply...

Last edited by Enfield20; Sep 25th 2008 at 8:22 am.
Enfield20 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:15 am   #2
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 56
ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

I am not going to compare to an MNC corp., they may have their own unique problems, which a small corp. may not face in some scenarios. But from your facts, r u a manager or executive (based on USCIS definition of executive: u should oversee professionals among other things), ur specialized knowledge skills make it easier for u to get a L1B.

education (specially a Masters degree) is not a concern for L1 visa, .
Yes, US Consulates will check for authenticity, but ur facts fit the L1 requirements, so go prepared, u will be fine.
ash_ak is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:41 am   #3
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Thanks for your reply...
But, my designation is like (Business development executive) it’s a kind a Supervisory job, I supervise 4 employees. I am not a manager of a department or something.
Is it possible for a US petitioner to change my designation as a manager out there in the US? Coz I believe Executive- means it may come under CEO’s or Top level management category. As u said!
Du mind sending me a USCIS link for any other Details about this Executive/Manager category.

Thanks
Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:44 am   #4
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 56
ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

didnt find the USCIS link, Murthy.com is a well respected site, Murthy.com Link:

What is the difference between the L1A visa and the L1B visa?
L1A is reserved for managerial or executive L-1s, while L1B is reserved for "specialized- knowledge" L-1s.

Managers actively manage the organization, or a part thereof, or they manage a "function." Managers either oversee the work of other supervisors, managers, or professionals, OR they manage essential functions of the organization. They have discretion over day-to-day operations.

Executives are responsible for directing the management of the organization or of a major component or function. They set policies and goals and have broad latitude to make important business decisions. They operate with only minimal supervision.

Specialized-knowledge employees have a detailed understanding of the company's products / services and the international markets for those products / services, OR they have advanced knowledge of company processes and procedures. It must be knowledge that can be obtained only through experience with that employer, such as experience with proprietary software or methodologies unique to the company, which is also important to the competitiveness of the company.

Another good site:
http://www.immigration.com/faq/lvisa.html
ash_ak is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:45 am   #5
BE Forum Addict
 
E3only's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: East Bay Area
Posts: 2,141
E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield20 View Post
Thanks for your reply...
But, my designation is like (Business development executive) it’s a kind a Supervisory job, I supervise 4 employees. I am not a manager of a department or something.
Is it possible for a US petitioner to change my designation as a manager out there in the US? Coz I believe Executive- means it may come under CEO’s or Top level management category. As u said!
Du mind sending me a USCIS link for any other Details about this Executive/Manager category.

Thanks
Google power ??

http://www.myvisa.com/Visasage/L1.htm
__________________
An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching. - Mohandas Gandhi
E3only is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:15 am   #6
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Yeah !! I am searching....
thank you...

Google Power is really Powerful.....
Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:57 pm   #7
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: SF
Posts: 20
pegaso will become famous soon enoughpegaso will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield20 View Post
Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Hello Everybody!
I am a Business Executive with 2.5 yrs of experience, where my /our job is to provide ERP solutions for few Small Domestic & few emerging small international companies in my home country. Since I am quite knowledgeable with Techno commercial Marketing activities/Strategies; My company(Parent/Registered US Inc) with over 15- 20 employees in the USA is sponsoring me a L1 A visa, but my home company( A Subsidiary ) is very small with only 7 employees. What my question IS?
1.Do you think getting a L1 A visa for an applicant working in a small company with only few employees, be much Hard or Difficult than from the guys from MNC”s, U know!
2.& also du think a Masters degree( a MBA) is required for L1 A as such.
Though my sponsor in the US has got a lawyer & he said he’ll do his best. But, I am little anxious or rather doubtful about US consulates.
Sorry for this unreasonable question But? Any idea? Folks
Thank you
& Please Reply...
Hi there - I've just renewed my L1A for the 4th time, and got an RFE on it initially. Apparently, they are really auditing all L1 applications heavily (and related GCs) - the RFE was purely for company info they've had in their system for years but couldn't be bothered to look up. So make sure you're company provides more than sufficient info about their operational status, organizational chart, managerial responsibiities etc.

Also, regarding your employees in the US, make sure that their qualifications are 'professional' (ie they have BA or equiv), as otherwise CIS may see them as 'skilled workers' not 'professionals', and therefore treat you as a 'supervisor', not a 'manager', which may affect your application. I should know - I've just had it happen to me - basically you're guilty until proven innocent, if they can find any way at all.....

Good luck!
pegaso is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:05 am   #8
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Thank you I'll Hope for the Best !
Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:16 am   #9
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

IT will be great; if there is anybody who is with L1 A/B from a Small company can share their experiences,
Coz I have No idea. U know!

Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:45 pm   #10
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: SF
Posts: 20
pegaso will become famous soon enoughpegaso will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

See my previous post above - we are a very small company (2 here, 20 in UK), so I think it's definitely easier for 'recognized' large companies to get through the process. Can be done though - you've just got to be really well prepared. I can give you a good US attorney if you like.
pegaso is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:58 pm   #11
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

OK! thank you That'll great if u tell me any good attorney in the Illinois region, coz- even my sponsor will be doing it for the 1st time, u know ! Ill inform my US sponsor who is in Illinois, If it's possible to work with any lawyer from outside the illinois state, its good i'll talk to my sponsor u know ! coz I have little less idea about this.
Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:54 am   #12
Ray
Premium Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68,031
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield20 View Post
OK! thank you That'll great if u tell me any good attorney in the Illinois region, coz- even my sponsor will be doing it for the 1st time, u know ! Ill inform my US sponsor who is in Illinois, If it's possible to work with any lawyer from outside the illinois state, its good i'll talk to my sponsor u know ! coz I have little less idea about this.
No!! The US arm of your internationl company will hire a lawyer to arrange a transfer of one of its managerial or executive level employees to the US offices... using a L1 Visa Petition for an Intracompany Transferee..
It has very little to do with you .
Ray is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:11 pm   #13
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
Enfield20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

OK !! then...

Approximately ! How long It takes to get through the entire Process of L1 (right from USCIS approval to other steps)? Generally!

& also could you just give me an Idea, of Exact Documents to be taken from my side(from Home Country) to the Consulate!

Thank You !
Enfield20 is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:52 pm   #14
Ray
Premium Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68,031
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it Difficult, these days to get L1 A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield20 View Post
OK !! then...

Approximately ! How long It takes to get through the entire Process of L1 (right from USCIS approval to other steps)? Generally!

& also could you just give me an Idea, of Exact Documents to be taken from my side(from Home Country) to the Consulate!

Thank You !
Too many variables for any exact time

That for the Layer to sort out ..its not a DIY procedure
Ray is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com