!!deportation!!

Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

TuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the rough
Default !!deportation!! please write back

I am in deportation right now, and i want to know if i can apply for a work permit.
Thank You
Jerome

Last edited by TuffEnuff; Apr 13th 2003 at 7:00 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

?
Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: !!deportation!! please write back

Originally posted by TuffEnuff
I am in deportation right now, and i want to know if i can apply for a work permit.
Thank You
Jerome
My uneducated guess would be that if you are in the middle of being deported from the US, then you can't apply for a work permit and in the off chance you get it, won't be around to work in the US.

Regards
Old Apr 13th 2003, 9:02 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I highly doubt the government would give a work permit to someone they are in the process of removing from the country. Sorry.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 13th 2003, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You
Jerome
It depends.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

TuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the roughTuffEnuff is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Cypher
My uneducated guess would be that if you are in the middle of being deported from the US, then you can't apply for a work permit and in the off chance you get it, won't be around to work in the US.

Regards
I have been in deportation since 2000,dont you think i will like to do something with my life in the mean time.(meaning work)
Thank you for replying
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
I highly doubt the government would give a work permit to someone they are in the process of removing from the country. Sorry.

~ Jenney
Thank You for replying
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
It depends.
can you tell me more when you said (It depends)
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

can you tell me more when you said (It depends)
As your question is posed, no.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
As your question is posed, no.
F, you remember Jerome & Emily...Jamaica, entered w/out inspection, Canada...ring a bell?

Jerome, does this mean something new has happened? I didn't think you were under d. procedings yet.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by meauxna
F, you remember Jerome & Emily...Jamaica, entered w/out inspection, Canada...ring a bell?

Jerome, does this mean something new has happened? I didn't think you were under d. procedings yet.
I am in deportation now.
THank You
jerome
Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You
Jerome
thought you had already applied for one when you applied for adjustment of status? What does your attorney say on the matter. Deportation can take years before the order is made so I agree with you, let you work until they send you away.

Rete
Old Apr 14th 2003, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
thought you had already applied for one when you applied for adjustment of status? What does your attorney say on the matter. Deportation can take years before the order is made so I agree with you, let you work until they send you away.

Rete
When my lawyer file my AOS they send it back to me for some reason. so i am waiting for the judge to say that i can stay.i would love to work in the mean time.i hope everything gose good
Thank You for replying
jerome

Last edited by TuffEnuff; Apr 14th 2003 at 2:19 am.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

In the EAD application, there is a category "deferred enforced departure" [category: c(14)] and "granted withholding of deportation" [category: a(10)]. Then, there is an "extended voluntary departure" [category: a(11)].

I am not familiar with the deportation process, but there might be a point in the process where you might be able to get an EAD if your status corresponds in one of the above categories. I am not sure. Your lawyer would be the best person to ask about that...

Good luck!
Caroline
Old Apr 14th 2003, 7:31 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: !!deportation!!

TuffEnuff wrote:
    > Originally posted by Cypher
    >
    >>My uneducated guess would be that if you are in the middle of being
    >>deported from the US, then you can't apply for a work permit and in
    >>the off chance you get it, won't be around to work in the US.
    >
    > Regards I have been in deportation since 2000,dont you think i
    > will like to do something with my life in the mean time.(meaning work)

I am confused. Isn't this about Jerome?
I wasn't aware that he was in deportation since 2000.
I thought he had only recently decided to file for adjustment of status
and INS didn't even know he was here before then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.