Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Two day B2 Visa as extention to VWP?

Two day B2 Visa as extention to VWP?

Old May 14th 2011, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Misstravelbags is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Two day B2 Visa as extention to VWP?

Hello all,

I have read posts on this site, but nothing similar to my query. Im wanting a 2 da extension as if its granted, would save me a great deal of cash in regards to hotel and flight rebooking.

when i booked, I was told by m travel agent that it would cost X amount to change my return travel date. I called today, to be told something else.

I'd much rather save £700 than loose it!

Do you think a two day visa is likely to be granted?

kind regards,
Miss TBAGS
Old May 14th 2011, 1:59 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two day B2 Visa as extention to VWP?

Originally Posted by Misstravelbags
No.

Nor will you be able to use the VWP ever again should you overstay.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You would be applying for a B2 full stop.

Not sure that a mis booking would be considered a good enough reason when you are eligible for the VWP. Would depend on all your circumstances.

You have to pay to get a B2, I would have thought it would be cheaper to get it right.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Im wanting a 2 da extension...
You cannot extend the VWP visit, period. You must be out of the USA within 90 days, otherwise you overstay.

as if its granted...
It won't be, as there is no such thing.

when i booked, I was told by m travel agent that it would cost X amount to change my return travel date. I called today, to be told something else.
You can change your return date, but it still must be within the 90 days allowed on the VWP.

No.

Rene
Old May 14th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the speedy responses, bye bye £700.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I have read posts on this site, but nothing similar to my query. Im wanting a 2 da extension as if its granted, would save me a great deal of cash in regards to hotel and flight rebooking.

I'd much rather save £700 than loose it!

kind regards,
Miss TBAGS
Call the airline...most will let you change the date for a price. Not much of a travel agent if she/he booked you a ticket to the US with a return date after 90 days without checking with you first.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

You may also be able to get on an earlier flight on standby. You go to the airport on the day you want to fly, and if there is space on the plane, they may let you get on using your existing ticket. Again, call your airline for details. It's a bit risky, but maybe you could try it every day starting about 10 days before your 90 days are up.

- Eric S.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
You may also be able to get on an earlier flight on standby. You go to the airport on the day you want to fly, and if there is space on the plane, they may let you get on using your existing ticket. Again, call your airline for details. It's a bit risky, but maybe you could try it every day starting about 10 days before your 90 days are up.

- Eric S.
Unless it's a full fare ticket they will be an additional charge. The amount may depend on the class of the original ticket...or it could be a standard charge.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

For £700 you could probably book a vacation in the Caribbean while you are in the US to break the 90 day trip into two.

After reading further, it appears that most Caribbean islands are classified as adjacent islands that do not break the trip but central American countries (except Mexico) should break the trip so a trip to places such as Costa Rica or Panama may be viable depending on where you are visiting in the US. For example from Miami Florida, you can get a round trip flight to Costa Rica in the summer for about $400 and for £700, you could even take a friend and pay for 3-7 nights at a hotel.

Last edited by Michael; May 14th 2011 at 6:58 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
For £700 you could probably book a vacation in the Caribbean while you are in the US to break the 90 day trip into two.
Yep -- but that doesn't cure her overstay issue! Trips to adjacent lands do not reset the clock.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:35 pm
Septicity

Although a week in Brazil, for example, might work providing she is aware of the back-to-back caveat.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Not a bad idea.. but would have to go further than the Caribbean (adjacent island thing).
I can't find this page on cbp.gov anymore but the info looks as I remember it. Scroll down to "Can a VWP applicant for Admission Be Readmitted To the United States Follwing a Short Trip To an Adjacent Island, Canada, or Mexico?"
http://www.knowitallmall.com/od/visa...a/visawp_3.htm

Last edited by meauxna; May 14th 2011 at 6:57 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not a bad idea.. but would have to go further than the Caribbean (adjacent island thing).
I can't find this page on cbp.gov anymore but the info looks as I remember it. Scroll down to "Can a VWP applicant for Admission Be Readmitted To the United States Follwing a Short Trip To an Adjacent Island, Canada, or Mexico?"http://www.knowitallmall.com/od/visawaiversvisitorvisas/a/visawp_3.htm
That's a thought. My holiday includes a trip to Cuba. Given the relationship between USA and Cuba, does anyone here know if Cuba falls under the ajacent island condition?

My intinary is;
Aug 1th-5th usa, Aug 5th-8th Mexico, Aug 8th-17th Cuba Aug 17th-24th Mexico, Aug 24th-Oct 31 usa
Old May 14th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

scratch my last post, Cuba falls under that remit.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That's a thought. My holiday includes a trip to Cuba. Given the relationship between USA and Cuba, does anyone here know if Cuba falls under the ajacent island condition?

My intinary is;
Aug 1th-5th usa, Aug 5th-8th Mexico, Aug 8th-17th Cuba Aug 17th-24th Mexico, Aug 24th-Oct 31 usa
I realize my link wasn't clickable, but the answer IS there.

A:
The term "adjacent islands" is defined in section 101(b)(5) of the Act and for the purposes of the VWP includes

* Cuba

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.