Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2?

Copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

jeanlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2?

Should we send in the WHOLE copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2 for the most recent year? Or just the first 2 pages.

The reason I am asking is because we have a total of 69 pages of federal income tax return PLUS W-2 for the year of 2008.

Thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2?

Originally Posted by jeanlee
Should we send in the WHOLE copy of Federal Income Tax Return with W-2 for the most recent year? Or just the first 2 pages.

The reason I am asking is because we have a total of 69 pages of federal income tax return PLUS W-2 for the year of 2008.

Thanks.
Is this in relation to a visa application? (a bit more details might help )

Submit the whole document, plus the W2. Do yourself a favour though and ask the IRS for a tax transcript instead - that is the preferred format (though either formats are ok). While you're at it, ask the IRS for last 3 years transcripts, just in case. They will probably only want the last year's but good practice says to get the last 3 years.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
It might be easier to get official IRS transcripts in this case, since it's 69 pages. The transcript won't be that long.

But if you decide to send the tax return, I'd send ALL the pages, plus the W-2. Keep in mind they only want the Federal return, not the state or local ones.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Is this in relation to a visa application? (a bit more details might help )
Yes, it is for Marriage-based Green Card Application
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jl,

For the I-864 or as evidence of co-mingled finances?

If the former then you need the entire income tax return, as submitted to the IRS.

Or in either case, as others have pointed out, an IRS transcript.

Regards, JEff

Yes, it is for Marriage-based Green Card Application
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
jl,

For the I-864 or as evidence of co-mingled finances?

If the former then you need the entire income tax return, as submitted to the IRS.

Or in either case, as others have pointed out, an IRS transcript.

Regards, JEff
It is for the I-864. We filed tax extension so we are just going to send in our tax return before Oct. 15. The IRS won't have our 2008 transcript as today. How long does it take to get a transcript from IRS

Last edited by jeanlee; Oct 8th 2009 at 3:12 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It is for the I-864. We filed tax extension so we are just going to send in our tax return before Oct. 15. The IRS won't have our 2008 transcript as today. How long does it take to get a transcript from IRS
Transcript probably won't be available by the time you will need it, since you haven't even filed it yet. Make a photocopy of the whole thing.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jl,

The requirement for I-864 is that you submit your most recent tax return. In your case that is apparently your 2007 return?

Include also a copy of your request (or is the proper term notice) for extension of fililing the 2008 return.

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
jl,

The requirement for I-864 is that you submit your most recent tax return. In your case that is apparently your 2007 return?

Include also a copy of your request (or is the proper term notice) for extension of fililing the 2008 return.

Regards, JEff
We just sent in our 2008 tax return this morning. It is on the way to the IRS.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:01 pm

Ah well. Then you know what you have to do!

Regards, JEff

We just sent in our 2008 tax return this morning. It is on the way to the IRS.