Considering a move to PGH

Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:06 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering a move to PGH

Originally Posted by Boiler
L1 does not require evidence that the job could not be done by a local.

Now why somebody would be transferred if there is no need is another issue.
My documentation included this evidence during my application for an L1B. Not sure if it was a specific requirement or not, but either way my attorney said i should include it.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

L1s do not generally require evidence that the job can not be done by a local. Do you all really think that many of these companies that transfer employees from one country to another really think they cannot find a local? I mean it might be harder, especially for the very top positions as it takes longer to fill those.

These banks (for example) cannot find someone in the US? Many just simply have a culture of promoting/rewarding those within (which is not a bad thing) and it's 'easier' to simply transfer someone from NYC to Singapore to London to Zurich or whatever. They are international companies though, so it is what it is. I guess one thing they have is knowledge of the company, which a new hire wouldn't. Isn't that generally the case though?

I've known a fresh graduate and an experienced (less than 10 years) finance professional, who were both sent to London for at least a year, because there was an H1 issue of some sort. This was done so they could come back to the US on L1 visas.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:37 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fbf2006
L1s do not generally require evidence that the job can not be done by a local. Do you all really think that many of these companies that transfer employees from one country to another really think they cannot find a local? I mean it might be harder, especially for the very top positions as it takes longer to fill those.
Proprietary knowledge is quite often a big kicker, which was in my case.