Concurrent I-485 filing

Old Mar 21st 2017, 12:39 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute
Post Concurrent I-485 filing

Does anyone have any experience of this scenario:

My employer in applying for EB-1C are paying the filing fees and legal costs associated with the submission of the I-140 and I-485, however they are not paying for the I-485 for my good lady. Given the cost of this is $1225, we'd need to save the funds up to send the check off to USCIS.

Firstly I guess, when does USCIS deposit that $1225 check? Presumably it's as soon as they receive it, even though the I-485 will stay at Pending until the I-140 is approved. And secondly, what are people's thoughts about having my I-485 filed concurrently and my wife waiting for the I-140 approval? I know that the I-140 and concurrent I-485 will effectively cancel my L-1A if approved, but that in turn would invalidate the wife's L-2. Then I'm told, she has a 180 day grace period to get her I-485 in, so long as EB-1C is still current.

Advice welcome.

Last edited by hmvsdog; Mar 21st 2017 at 2:27 pm. Reason: Corrected form number
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concurrent I-485 filing

Yes, the first thing they do is cash the check.

I don't know about submitting separately...I personally would want to both be on the same track at the same time.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:53 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concurrent I-485 filing

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know about submitting separately...I personally would want to both be on the same track at the same time.

Rene
Thanks Rene. I think I was steering myself down that route, but helps to hear someone else say it too!