changing address

Old Nov 16th 2002, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

alondra has a brilliant futurealondra has a brilliant futurealondra has a brilliant futurealondra has a brilliant futurealondra has a brilliant futurealondra has a brilliant future
Default changing address

Hello again

1)What kind of form should I use if I am planning to move since my adjustment of status bending.

2)what kind of form my sponsor should submit if he planing to move also.

Thank you so much
Old Nov 16th 2002, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: changing address

1)What kind of form should I use if I am planning to move since my adjustment of status bending.
- AR-11.
- Letter to your old INS office notifying them of your change of address [each office has a different change of address form - so if it is convenient, you can go to your INS office and pick up one. Detroit sent me a change of address form along with the fingerprinting notification, so maybe you already have a form]
- Letter to your new INS office notifying them of your change of address, if applicable. [I would advise to fill out a request for transfer at your new INS office, even though the transfer is supposed to be automatic. I do not believe in automatic with the INS! If you have to do a transfer, check on it regularly...]

2)what kind of form my sponsor should submit if he planing to move also.
My husband filed out I-865 (sponsor's change of address) even though the Detroit INS claimed he didn't have to do it. Better be on the safe side, I think that it was written that you had to do it on the I-864.

Caroline
Old Nov 16th 2002, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point

alondra,
On top of the envelope make sure you wirte Change of adresse this way it will go to the change of adresse unit.

regards
Kindia
Old Nov 16th 2002, 11:39 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Caro
- AR-11.
And in case you did not know, they just came out with a new AR-11 form (although I do believe that the last three released versions of the AR-11 are still acceptable).

They also have a new address in which to send the AR-11's. Don't know if the INS website gives the new address (actually, there are two of them), but in case it doesn't, here you go...

When using regular U.S. mail, send it to:
U.S. Department of Justice
Immigration & Naturalization Service
Change of Address
P.O. Box 7134
London, KY. 40742-7134

For Overnight Mailings Only, use:
Change of Address
1084-I South Laurel Road
London, KY. 40744

I just sent an AR-11 form for my battered spouse client, and I used the new address when using U.S. Mail.

And if it were me, I'd save a copy of the completed and signed AR-11 card or AR-11 form (I use the forms) and a copy of the stamped and addressed envelope that you use to send the AR-11 card in your file, just in case you ever need it for some reason. I suppose you could also send it certified with return receipt (although I'm not 100% sure about that... but I don't really see why that would be a problem).

Good luck.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Nov 17th 2002, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

And in case you did not know, they just came out with a new AR-11 form (although I do believe that the last three released versions of the AR-11 are still acceptable).

They also have a new address in which to send the AR-11's. Don't know if the INS website gives the new address (actually, there are two of them), but in case it doesn't, here you go...

When using regular U.S. mail, send it to:
Change of Address
P.O. Box 7134
London, KY. 40742-7134

For Overnight Mailings Only, use:
Change of Address
1084-I South Laurel Road
London, KY. 40744

I just sent an AR-11 form for my battered spouse client, and I used the new address when using U.S. Mail.

And if it were me, I'd save a copy of the completed and signed AR-11 card or AR-11 form (I use the forms) and a copy of the stamped and addressed envelope that you use to send the AR-11 card in your file, just in case you ever need it for some reason. I suppose you could also send it certified with return receipt (although I'm not 100% sure about that... but I don't really see why that would be a problem).
I send my AR-11 with certified mail, no return receipt, but I think it is advised to use a return receipt. All the other change of address forms addressed to the local INS offices (I think that I have filled out about 7 by now... No comment!) were filed either in person (at the time I still believed that they would change my address "faster" and for sure if I were to go in person) or by mail, certified with return receipt (which I am patiently stacking in my INS folder along with the copies). I am going to check on the change of address this coming week, and if nothing has been done, I will contact my husband's Congressional staff...

Caroline
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:48 am

Hi
Our I-485 is pending adjudication, my wife being the principal applicant for the family. I have been offered a job outside the state where we reside. If I go out of state and live at a different address do I need to send AR-11 even though my wife continues to live at the same address that is with the INS? Kind of confused, please respond.

Old Nov 17th 2002, 7:13 am
Mrtravel

AR-11 is filed only if the alien moves.
It is not clear from your post whether you are the alien or your wife
is.
Additionally, if the I-485 is based on marriage, there might be issues
with INS if you don't live together.

guest wrote:
    >
    > Hi
    > Our I-485 is pending adjudication, my wife being the principal applicant
    > for the family. I have been offered a job outside the state where we
    > reside. If I go out of state and live at a different address do I need
    > to send AR-11 even though my wife continues to live at the same address
    > that is with the INS? Kind of confused, please respond.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com