Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:28 am
Just Joined

englishmuffin85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help?!

I went for my interview at the London Embassy on the 20th June. The VO asked two simple questions which I answered. She then congratulated me and told me that my application was fully approved and that I would receive my passport in 3-5 days. She kept my passport and did not give a slip/221g form!

I checked on the CEAC website yesterday the 24th June and the Status is showing as 'Administrative Processing'. I AM TOTALLY PANICKING!

However, I have been told that everyone is placed into this whilst they are issuing my passport with the visa. Does anyone know if this is the case and if this happened to them?

Thank you!!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Originally Posted by englishmuffin85
Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help?!

I went for my interview at the London Embassy on the 20th June. The VO asked two simple questions which I answered. She then congratulated me and told me that my application was fully approved and that I would receive my passport in 3-5 days. She kept my passport and did not give a slip/221g form!

I checked on the CEAC website yesterday the 24th June and the Status is showing as 'Administrative Processing'. I AM TOTALLY PANICKING!

However, I have been told that everyone is placed into this whilst they are issuing my passport with the visa. Does anyone know if this is the case and if this happened to them?

Thank you!!
Generally once a visa is approved, the status goes to Administrative processing. However the online status tends to be unreliable since often they forget to update it. Don't worry since everything is likely ok.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Default Re: CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Originally Posted by Michael
Generally once a visa is approved, the status goes to Administrative processing. However the online status tends to be unreliable since often they forget to update it. Don't worry since everything is likely ok.
Thank you!! fingers crossed that it gets updated today!! They certainly know how to make you panic
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:22 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

If she didn't give you a blue slip then chances are you're absolutely fine!

Try to relax and breathe, damnit!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:17 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help?!

Thank you!!
Ours spent a few days in AP too, then went to 'issued' and we had the passports in our hands 7 calendar days after the interview. I would expect the actual time spent in AP for visa printing & sticking into the passport depends also on workload.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:59 am
Just Joined

I just wanted to give an update.. My visa has moved to 'ISSUED' which means it will soon be on it's way!! YAY!! I am so relieved….
Old Jun 25th 2014, 9:30 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to give an update.. My visa has moved to 'ISSUED' which means it will soon be on it's way!! YAY!! I am so relieved….
And breathe......!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Haha! I know… I feel like I can breathe for the first time in months!!!
Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

pipsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help?!

Thank you!!
This happened to me, I had my interview on Tuesday 24th, I was told I would have my passport in 3-5 days, but being the OCD impatient person I am, decided to check out the website tracking thing on Wednesday evening. I got the same message, I had a little bit of a sleepless night but told myself not to panic. Thursday lunch time I had an email from the courier company saying my passport would be ready to pick up the following morning. I picked it up on Friday. So yes, I think it's just the same message for everyone and no need to panic.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

James06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael
Generally once a visa is approved, the status goes to Administrative processing.
Would this apply in my case?

(I was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility and my status has gone from REFUSED to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING after 21 weeks)

I wasn't given any paper, 221g or otherwise, at the interview., nor have I received any requests for further info/documents. So I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat as other posters on this thread (visa approved) or if I'm in the "other" AP (background checks, security clearance etc) which I know can take months.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James06
I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat as other posters on this thread (visa approved) or if I'm in the "other" AP (background checks, security clearance etc) which I know can take months.
You've been in AP for 21 weeks... you are not in the same boat as other posters in this thread. You understand that, right?

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

James06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've been in AP for 21 weeks... you are not in the same boat as other posters in this thread. You understand that, right?

Ian
Actually I didn't understand that until now Ian, so thanks for enlightening me.

I mistakenly thought my waiver recommendation was perhaps amongst a pile of others, awaiting the attention of someone at ARO, and the recent change of status indicated it was now being looked at.

Oh well, it is what it is, and thanks again for your input.....can always really on you to set us straight
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There's no way to know.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Chirkulji is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
I have given my H1B visa Interview on 23-09-2014 on Kolkata with my wife and my son.

VO told that my visa is approved and I will get my passport in 3-5 days . he and took our passport and also return all my document . but till now 2 weeks has been passed and my status is admin processing . Please help me regarding that . how may days it will take .

he did not provide me any slip . I am very sad in these days.

Please tell me what I need to do . thanks in advance.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chirkulji
VO told that my visa is approved and I will get my passport in 3-5 days .
It is not unusual for there to be a delay of several weeks.

... my status is admin processing .
This is normal - especially if you didn't receive a form from the officer.

how may days it will take .
No one can say.

However, if your case has gone into actual "Administrative Processing" (which is different from simply processing the visa and putting it in your passport), then it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to many months. During that time, there is no way to find out why you are in AP; no way to find out where you are in the process; and no way to find out how much longer it's going to take.

Please tell me what I need to do .
There is absolutely nothing you can do... but wait.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.