Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can I use visa waiver programme after arrest?

Can I use visa waiver programme after arrest?

Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:54 am
Just Joined

77kjappen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I use visa waiver programme after arrest?

I am wondering if you were indeed successful with your visit to the US?

In somewhat of a similar situation, although a Norwegian citizen, I studied in the US and was arrested on a disorderly intoxication in 2008 in Florida. I was able to renew my student visa after this, and also had a temporary working visa for 6 months after. Now I am visiting the US for the first time since 2010, and my ESTA was approved and I do firmly believe I will be allowed in. Perhaps my file will show up when I enter and I will be brought to the back office to explain myself, but that is nothing I haven't experienced before, although they may be questioning why I didn't apply for a visa...
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I use visa waiver programme after arrest?

Originally Posted by 77kjappen
I am wondering if you were indeed successful with your visit to the US?
Over a period of 5 days, the guy made 29 posts... and has never been heard from since.

Ian