Can I propose during VWP visit?

Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:04 am
Just Joined

JacobM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I propose during VWP visit?

Might be a dumb question, but yeah. Am I allowed to?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:31 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I propose during VWP visit?

Yes and you can marry as well.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, do it!
Old Mar 13th 2018, 12:06 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As long as your intention is not to get married and adjust status on this trip, yes you can.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 12:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JacobM
Might be a dumb question, but yeah. Am I allowed to?
Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes and you can marry as well.
Wot 'e (BiP) said!

Not only can you, I did, both, on separate visits.
Originally Posted by civilservant
As long as your intention is not to get married and adjust status on this trip, yes you can.
Wot 'e said too.

When you come to get married I recommend entering the US at one of the main, largest international hubs, such as JFK, LAX, or IAD, where they are busy and used to seeing many visitors from around the world, even if it means catching an onward flight to your final destination.

I only ever had one "bad" experience entering the US as a visitor before I got married, and that was when I entered at Podunk International and got a nosy CBP immigration officer who proceeded to give me the third degree, and also threatened me with some "facts" about marriage on a VWP visit that were incorrect.

When I came to get married (and per CS's advice above, "... and leave again"), I entered at Newark, and only had a very brief conversation with the immigration officer, then I took a connecting flight to Podunk.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 13th 2018 at 12:34 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

JacobM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, guys.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 6:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
There is a difference between "pre-conceived intent" and "misrepresentation." Although the difference is real, the minions of the dark forces often miss that one.

Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 6:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
There is a difference between "pre-conceived intent" and "misrepresentation." Although the difference is real, the minions of the dark forces often miss that one.

Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
People like you are the only ones who make me agree with Karl Marx.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 7:49 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
People like you are the only ones who make me agree with Karl Marx.
I've litigated this and similar facts, albeit after the dastardly deeds. The dark forces have made the problems.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 9:57 pm

I've litigated this and similar facts, albeit after the dastardly deeds. The dark forces have made the problems.
I think you misunderstood my post - I was looking for the quote from Marx, but couldn't find it. It goes something like "The professions use long words and jargon to create a mystique and exclude the proletariat".

You posted a couple of words that apparently mean something to you, and from what you said mean something different from each other, but you didn't bother to explain how they were different. ..... Then you signed off, as you so often do "Furthermore deponent sayeth not." I don't know why you don't just end "#üçk Yoü.", because it amounts to the same thing!

In short, if you can't be bothered to write in terms that people understand, and explain and distinguish between arcane wording that has a very specific meaning, I don't know why you bother posting. .... Or is it just to show off and belittle people with your superior knowledge? I think Karl Marx would know the answer!

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 13th 2018 at 11:33 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:53 pm
BE Commentator

I think you misunderstood my post - I was looking for the quote from Marx, but couldn't find it. It goes something like "The professions use long words and jargon to create a mystique and exclude the proletariat".

You posted a couple of words that apparently mean something to you, and from what you said mean something different from each other, but you didn't bother to explain how they were different. ..... Then you signed off, as you so often do "Furthermore deponent sayeth not." I don't know why you don't just end "#üçk Yoü.", because it amounts to the same thing!

In short, if you can't be bothered to write in terms that people understand, and explain and distinguish between arcane wording that has a very specific meaning, I don't know why you bother posting. .... Or is it just to show off and belittle people without your superior knowledge? I think Karl Marx would know the answer!
Take a look at my post. It was Civilservant who used the term "intent" and his posting was incorrect.

But for Civilservant's erroneous post, I would not have mentioned the issue.

I see nothing wrong with correcting bad information here.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:01 pm

Take a look at my post. It was Civilservant who used the term "intent" and his posting was incorrect.

But for Civilservant's erroneous post, I would not have mentioned the issue.

I see nothing wrong with correcting bad information here.
But you didn't correct anything. You mentioned two terms, didn't define either of them clearly .... well actually you didn't define either of them at all, nor did you distinguish how they are different, therefore I would contend that for the large majority of readers your post is largely useless.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:38 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with Pulaski on this one. Looking back at my post, I see what you're saying - the issue isn't the intent as such, it's the misrepresentation of yourself as a visitor when you are really going to submit an adjustment of status application.

As Pulaski points out though, without giving a rationale as to why what I said was wrong and explaining the difference between the two, those that are less knowledge are left with no idea what you're saying.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

In short, if you can't be bothered to write in terms that people understand, and explain and distinguish between arcane wording that has a very specific meaning, I don't know why you bother posting. .... Or is it just to show off and belittle people with your superior knowledge? I think Karl Marx would know the answer!
Well said buddy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.