Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

can I give gmat and tofel exam in USA with a b2 visa?

can I give gmat and tofel exam in USA with a b2 visa?

Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

sristi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can I take gmat and tofel exam in USA with a b2 visa?

Hello everyone!

I will be travelling to US with a b2 visa this October (my second visit) and I am starting to prepare for GMAT. I want to know if I will be able to take gmat and tofel exam while I am in US?

Has anyone done it before?
Any suggestions and help is welcomed!

Thank you in advance

Last edited by sristi; Aug 16th 2016 at 3:36 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can I give gmat and tofel exam in USA with a b2 visa?

Are you a teacher or a proctor who is allowed to give tests in the US? Will you be paid to do this?
Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Are you a teacher or a proctor who is allowed to give tests in the US? Will you be paid to do this?

oopppsss!! sorry I made grammatical error
Old Aug 16th 2016, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can I take gmat and tofel exam in USA with a b2 visa?

Originally Posted by sristi
I want to know if I will be able to take gmat and tofel exam while I am in US?
Yes, but you don't need to be in the US to take them.

Ian
Old Aug 16th 2016, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a TOEFL teacher at GMAT level at a language school. She is *not* the school's visa officer but her understanding is that it's not necessary to get an F-1 visa if one is solely taking the exams. If there's any course of study involved, then an F-1 is required.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
My wife is a TOEFL teacher at GMAT level at a language school. She is *not* the school's visa officer but her understanding is that it's not necessary to get an F-1 visa if one is solely taking the exams. If there's any course of study involved, then an F-1 is required.

Hello, there thank you for getting back at me.

So, do you mean I can take GMAT and TOFEL exams in US with a b2 visa?
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sristi
So, do you mean I can take GMAT and TOFEL exams in US with a b2 visa?
Yes.

Ian