Business through E2

Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

richyje7727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business through E2

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
A couple of things to add to your list - some kind of insurance, and potentially the costs of fronting equipment before getting paid by the customer. Unless you truly believe that you’ll get enough credit, or that you’ll be able to pay for inventory after you’ve sold it.
Yes, Thanks !

I wouldnt be fronting large equipment costs without stage payments though !
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:11 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richyje7727
nope.... why ?

visited numerous times though.... I actually got married there.... not to a USC though
How well do you know your potential customers?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:11 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

So you're going to have $60,000 for a family of 5 for a year? Good luck. That's $5k a month. You'll be lucky if that covers the basic necessities such as groceries, utlilities and healthcare. With no room for cars, entertainment, hobbies, clothing, footwear, holidays Christmas gifts, trips home to England (funerals, etc). What about savings for retirement? We have more than then $5k coming in each month (although we pay rent from our income) and there are just 2 of us. We are not rich or poor, but comfortable. I can't imagine fitting another 3 into our budget.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
So you're going to have $60,000 for a family of 5 for a year? Good luck. That's $5k a month. You'll be lucky if that covers the basic necessities such as groceries, utlilities and healthcare. With no room for cars, entertainment, hobbies, clothing, footwear, holidays Christmas gifts, trips home to England (funerals, etc). What about savings for retirement? We have more than then $5k coming in each month (although we pay rent from our income) and there are just 2 of us. We are not rich or poor, but comfortable. I can't imagine fitting another 3 into our budget.
Yes thats $5k per month... but thats with the business not bringing in anything. The house rental is taken care of (house rental in uk sorts that out). My Wife starts working in 3 months which increases our monthly income.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:21 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats $5k per month... but thats with the business not bringing in anything.
But it might not.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats $5k per month... but thats with the business not bringing in anything. The house rental is taken care of (house rental in uk sorts that out). My Wife starts working in 3 months which increases our monthly income.
Maybe. If she gets her EAD by then, and if she's able to fund a job (sub teaching or otherwise).

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
But it might not.
well then ill be ubering
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

nope.... why ? ....(
Because you have no idea how much it costs to live in the US, and AFAICT, some wildly unrealistic ideas about how much people are will to spend for a home security and automation system.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

actually, whilst we are on the subject.... If I start a IT business with an E2 visa and the business was very slow to start off..... could I say for instance cut lawns or install a new bathroom for a neighbour and bill this through my company ?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

actually, whilst we are on the subject.... If I start a IT business with an E2 visa and the business was very slow to start off..... could I say for instance cut lawns or install a new bathroom for a neighbour and bill this through my company ?
That doesn't sound very ethical.

If I hired a company to install a new bathroom, I'd want him to be a licensed contractor in case something went wrong.... and I wouldn't pay an invoice coming from an IT company.

Same for cutting lawns...I would not pay an IT company to do that.

USCIS might want to see your records when it comes time to renew.... how do you think they'd feel about that scenario?

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Because you have no idea how much it costs to live in the US, and AFAICT, some wildly unrealistic ideas about how much people are will to spend for a home security and automation system.
Whilst I was in Austin (October) I visited some Home Automation companies. I saw what projects they were working on... One was a project for a Surgeon, Automated Lights, Audio & Video systems utilising Control4 equipment. I know what this system costs.... and believe me $60,000 would be the low end for this type of install... The main processor is over $10,000 itself....
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That doesn't sound very ethical.

If I hired a company to install a new bathroom, I'd want him to be a licensed contractor in case something went wrong.... and I wouldn't pay an invoice coming from an IT company.

Same for cutting lawns...I would not pay an IT company to do that.

USCIS might want to see your records when it comes time to renew.... how do you think they'd feel about that scenario?

Rene
ok, as an example lets say the name of the company was Imagine LLC. The name wouldn't give away what the company does. It could have separate channels for advertising ie Technology solutions, Home maintenance etc...

Yes, I agree with the licencing, but if I had the relevant licences...

I am wondering if you are forced to work in a chosen field ie IT or Home maintenance.

I am just asking because in London I run a company that does both IT and I am also a Builder/Contractor. I switch between both all the time and alot of the time I do both ie when I am doing a remodel and the customer wants a fancy audio system with speakers built into the ceiling.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I was in Austin (October) I visited some Home Automation companies. I saw what projects they were working on... One was a project for a Surgeon, Automated Lights, Audio & Video systems utilising Control4 equipment. I know what this system costs.... and believe me $60,000 would be the low end for this type of install... The main processor is over $10,000 itself....
Why would I choose you...with no US history...over an established company who could offer better prices/references etc?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

OK, but that is not what I said ..... I hove no doubt that there are people who will pay that much, but how many people do you think there are who are in the market for a $60k system. .... And given that there are many established players already in the market, how many of them do you think would choose you?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why would I choose you...with no US history...over an established company who could offer better prices/references etc?
Price, Availability, References from the UK (if required), Brochures of the services we perform. My accent ? Dont Americans love the British accent ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.