In a bit of a quandary

Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

lyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura about
Default In a bit of a quandary

Well, just our luck, we got an appointment for our visa interview on 6th March - the day we are due to move out of our house!! So I sent an email to the London embassy to see if it was possible to reschedule the appointment but then I read it should be put in writing to the Embassy so I did that as well (and posted it recorded delivery) Anyway I got this email back " We note that you will not attend the interview as scheduled on March 6th. A new interview date will not be scheduled until the Immigrant Visa Unit is in receipt of a medical examination for you. If you have not already done so, information about the medical examination is available from the Embassy website, here." So I thought that maybe I had ticked the wrong box on the visa query box - there were several options but the one I had ticked said reschedule immigration visa and K visa appointments, so I thought perhaps they thought ours was a K visa. I them again pointing out that ours was an IR5 not a K and could we book an appointment anyway. Then I thought perhaps I needed to contact the NVC as on the ceac it still said our applications were at the NVC, so I emailed them too!! Anyway I got this reply from the Embassy again "The initial interview date is scheduled through the National Visa Center (NVC) and applicants are required to attend a medical before the interview date. As you have requested a new interview date, which will be scheduled by the Immigrant Visa Unit in London, our procedures require that you submit a medical report before a new interview is scheduled." So my query is ( and thanks for bearing with me this far) on the original email I got it said to take the letter with the appointment for the interview when going for the medical . But now we don't have an appointment and also once we have had the medical how do we book the appointment? Sorry for the long posting but I am now panicking again.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In a bit of a quandary

Originally Posted by lyndilou
A new interview date will not be scheduled until the Immigrant Visa Unit is in receipt of a medical examination for you.
This seems pretty clear.

As you have requested a new interview date, which will be scheduled by the Immigrant Visa Unit in London, our procedures require that you submit a medical report before a new interview is scheduled.
This also seems pretty clear... and this response supports the earlier response.

... on the original email I got it said to take the letter with the appointment for the interview when going for the medical .
Once again, this seems clear.

But now we don't have an appointment...
Does that also mean that you don't have the original letter? No one at the medical will care that you've rescheduled your appointment. They will send the results directly to the US Consular Service - which is what they're supposed to do, and what you want them to do.

... once we have had the medical how do we book the appointment?
You re-submit a Notice of Readiness form.

Ian
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand this is bad timing, but this is why we advise a few things:

1. Don't reschedule your interview date. .. it just causes confusion.

2. Don't sell any property until you have the visa in hand.

3. Don't move or change your address while you have a case pending.

Just for others reading this thread.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 11th 2015 at 10:40 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

IR-5? Are you the parent of a USC?

Rene
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

lyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
IR-5? Are you the parent of a USC?

Rene
Yes Our son is a US citizen and filed for us that is why our application went through NVC.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This seems pretty clear.

This also seems pretty clear... and this response supports the earlier response.

Once again, this seems clear.

Does that also mean that you don't have the original letter? No one at the medical will care that you've rescheduled your appointment. They will send the results directly to the US Consular Service - which is what they're supposed to do, and what you want them to do.

You re-submit a Notice of Readiness form.

Ian
We do have the original email in which the appointment time and date is given. So we book and have our medicals and then how long do we wait to re-submit the notice? Will it then go back through NVC I have just checked our status and this is what it says "U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: LND*********

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."
(I have taken our case number out)
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I understand this is bad timing, but this is why we advise a few things:

1. Don't reschedule your interview date. .. it just causes confusion.

2. Don't sell any property until you have the visa in hand.

3. Don't move or change your address while you have a case pending.

Just for others reading this thread.

Rene
We are going into a rental property so we have no worries regarding the house. But I didn't realise it would be a problem to change address whilst a case is pending. It says on our paperwork if there is any change of email, phone number or address to let them know.

Last edited by lyndilou; Feb 11th 2015 at 11:28 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So we book and have our medicals and then how long do we wait to re-submit the notice?
You can submit the readiness form the day you have your medical if you like.

Will it then go back through NVC...
No. Once the NVC sends your file to London, the NVC is out of the picture, and everything from that point on is done via London.

It says on our paperwork if there is any change of email, phone umber or address to let them know.
It's usually a huge issue when people move during the process. It's very likely that correspondence will go to your current address even after you inform them that the address has changed. Hopefully you'll have someone there who will forward stuff to you once you move.

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:05 am

Yes Our son is a US citizen and filed for us that is why our application went through NVC.
OK, thanks! For some reason I was thinking you had a USC spouse. Thank you for clarifying.

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2015, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian and Rene you have put my mind at ease I do appreciate your help
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

We are going into a rental property so we have no worries regarding the house.
(For the benefit of other people reading down the line.)

Selling the house though did cause a problem because it made you have to reschedule your interview date.

You were a bit unlucky in that regard but it reinforces the point - if at all possible, wait until you have visa in hand before selling. You can imagine, there are more more heavy duty reasons not to do it as well, e.g. visa denied, etc,.