Best route to US visa

Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:06 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best route to US visa

Originally Posted by texasdream
When I was in America 2 months ago, I had people telling me how they knew of people setting up fake investments to get residency. I witnessed women turning up close to going into labour so they could have their baby on American soil and get their citizenship through their newborn. I saw how men had imported brides who only wanted a green card and sold their soul to do it. I even had guys propose to me for a green card, for whom I rapidly turned down.

It really sucks when you want to do it all above board and with honesty and yet it's near impossible to do.

I guess I'll continue building myself and my business and see if I eventually I meet Mr Right or I can make my business becomes successful enough that I can expand and apply for an E2 visa.

Thanks for all your input. It's been insightful.
Those people with fake investments and marriages are likely to get found out and have a permanent bar to re-entry. I know a lot of immigration lawyers and can tell you that everything is being scrutinized by USCIS much more closely than it was this time last year.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

texasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn
Those people with fake investments and marriages are likely to get found out and have a permanent bar to re-entry. I know a lot of immigration lawyers and can tell you that everything is being scrutinized by USCIS much more closely than it was this time last year.
I couldn't believe they even got away with it. Apparently it was plans to build an apartment complex that had no intention of being built. I don't know the precise details, but I'd imagine something like that would have been highly scrutinised. Maybe they were fibbing a little bit. It seems far fetched to me. I'd certainly not risk a permanent ban, that would be heart breaking.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texasdream
Yes, this could be an option.

Out of interest. Let's say I have a business in the UK and I have a friend in the USA with a similar business, can we band together and him sponsor me to work out of the US office? Or does it not work like that?
Hard to say, without more details. You and the potential business partner should have a conference call with an immigration attorney who can tell you, based on more detail, whether this plan would lend itself to visa possibilities.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

texasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hard to say, without more details. You and the potential business partner should have a conference call with an immigration attorney who can tell you, based on more detail, whether this plan would lend itself to visa possibilities.

Rene
Thanks Noorah. Yes, that seems to be the best thing to do right now. I have a few contacts who are happy to work on a business partnership, so who knows.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OP has started a new thread with new questions.

Thread closed.

Rene