Best route to US visa

Old Dec 1st 2017, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best route to US visa

Originally Posted by texasdream
When I was in America 2 months ago, I had people telling me how they knew of people setting up fake investments to get residency. I witnessed women turning up close to going into labour so they could have their baby on American soil and get their citizenship through their newborn. I saw how men had imported brides who only wanted a green card and sold their soul to do it. I even had guys propose to me for a green card, for whom I rapidly turned down.

It really sucks when you want to do it all above board and with honesty and yet it's near impossible to do.

I guess I'll continue building myself and my business and see if I eventually I meet Mr Right or I can make my business becomes successful enough that I can expand and apply for an E2 visa.

Thanks for all your input. It's been insightful.
They will be disappointed when they find out their child can't sponsor them til they're 18 or 21 I believe
Old Dec 1st 2017, 1:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
They will be disappointed when they find out their child can't sponsor them til they're 18 or 21 I believe. ......
It's 21, and then it takes a year or so after that to process the visa.

I suspect that if Congress ever gets around to immigration reform, that sponsorship of parents will be eliminated or greatly curtailed e.g. parents must be retired, or be a certain minimum age, or they could just jack up the minimum age of the sponsoring child to say 40.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 1st 2017 at 1:35 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:04 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in America 2 months ago, I had people telling me how they knew of people setting up fake investments to get residency. I witnessed women turning up close to going into labour so they could have their baby on American soil and get their citizenship through their newborn. I saw how men had imported brides who only wanted a green card and sold their soul to do it. I even had guys propose to me for a green card, for whom I rapidly turned down.

The mind absolutely boggles at what kind of company you've been keeping in order to witness all of this on a vacation!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:32 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to come out all wrong...
L2 visa?
H4?
Marry the British nerdy tech guy and well, encourage him to think about the USA, or even plenty of other lovely places to live where nerdy guys are wanted.

Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
This is going to come out all wrong...
L2 visa?
H4?
Marry the British nerdy tech guy and well, encourage him to think about the USA, or even plenty of other lovely places to live where nerdy guys are wanted.

She is the Brit and he is the US Citizen. She is an interior decorator.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 3:40 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
She is the Brit and he is the US Citizen. She is an interior decorator.
Yeah, I know that.

Plenty of us arrived in the USA with L2 visas though - my point was that she doesn't have to marry an american guy if she wants to come to the USA at some point.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Yeah, I know that.

Plenty of us arrived in the USA with L2 visas though - my point was that she doesn't have to marry an american guy if she wants to come to the USA at some point.

My apologies. I didn't realize that you had joined the group urging someone to marry someone who has strong potential to get US residency for themselves and their spouse.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

texasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
The mind absolutely boggles at what kind of company you've been keeping in order to witness all of this on a vacation!
Lol. I was rending a room in a shared house. I was also very open with my questioning when I met people not from America because i was interested how they managed to get their visa. It seems that some people do it so easily and I thought maybe I was missing something.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

texasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond reputetexasdream has a reputation beyond repute

It turns out the American "boyfriend" is now the ex American boyfriend. One of his friends messaged me and said he was out with a lady last night. Lol, hence why I worry about dating in a LDR. Surely there are better options for a woman to get into America without relying on a guy. I'm business smart and haven't relied on a man to date, and I'd rather not start now. I feel like I'm giving away my independence or they have something to hold over me if my residency is tied to them.

I'm thinking, if I can get the money together to pay for tuition and get a student visa, that would buy me time to figure out something permanent or find the RIGHT guy.

Last edited by texasdream; Dec 1st 2017 at 4:45 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It turns out the American "boyfriend" is now the ex American boyfriend. One of his friends messaged me and said he was out with a lady last night. Lol, hence why I worry about dating in a LDR. Surely there are better options for a woman to get into America without relying on a guy. I'm business smart and haven't relied on a man to date, and I'd rather not start now. I feel like I'm giving away my independence or they have something to hold over me if my residency is tied to them.

I guess it all boils down to having money to be able to buy my way in for long enough to find a way to make it more permanent.
Start working for a company with US affiliates/offices in the US. Work for at least a year and then start looking at transferring.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Start working for a company with US affiliates/offices in the US. Work for at least a year and then start looking at transferring.
Yes, this could be an option.

Out of interest. Let's say I have a business in the UK and I have a friend in the USA with a similar business, can we band together and him sponsor me to work out of the US office? Or does it not work like that?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking, if I can get the money together to pay for tuition and get a student visa, that would buy me time to figure out something permanent or find the RIGHT guy.
Sorry it didn't work out. Good luck in the future.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
Sorry it didn't work out. Good luck in the future.
Aw, thanks Tom. It wasn't such a shock, at least I got to experience what life could be like if I work hard. Not all is lost.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, thanks Tom. It wasn't such a shock, at least I got to experience what life could be like if I work hard. Not all is lost.
You're approaching it with a cool head which is the best thing.

Most people we see come on here wanting to move to the US, get told it's pretty much impossible for them. They then either flip out at everyone or just don't bother responding to their thread anymore.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BenK91
You're approaching it with a cool head which is the best thing.

Most people we see come on here wanting to move to the US, get told it's pretty much impossible for them. They then either flip out at everyone or just don't bother responding to their thread anymore.
Well that is a really nice compliment, thank you. I like to think I have a mature mind, most of the time. If I got into a strop every time someone said I couldn't do something, I'd be in a strop always Lol.

I never expected this to be an easy process, so it's just a case of weighing up all the options and seeing which I'm prepared to take. If I can do it off my own back, that'll be the ideal route, but it may be a big ask. Canada is my back up plan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.