Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Originally Posted by maole
??
You can do it yourself provided you can figure out how to fulfill the 5 items exactly as requested by USCIS.

All a lawyer is going to do in this case, is ask you for those exact 5 items and then file on your behalf, charging you in the process.. ?
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

maole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nice

Originally Posted by neill
You can do it yourself provided you can figure out how to fulfill the 5 items exactly as requested by USCIS.

All a lawyer is going to do in this case, is ask you for those exact 5 items and then file on your behalf, charging you in the process.. ?
I did it myself and I signed the request. I don't get the number 5: the signature must either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury.
Do I need a notary to legitimate the whole request ?
My lawyer offered to do it fir 800 dollars
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Signed under penalty of perjury. Someone correct me if i am wrong, but this means you can sign it and deal with the legal consequences of lying (as opposed to the notary).
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

maole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nice

Signed under penalty of perjury. Someone correct me if i am wrong, but this means you can sign it and deal with the consequences of lying (as opposed to the notary).
Ok, it seems it wasn't enough with my signature and I will start the process again with a notary's signature
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have 2 options, one that involves a notary and one that does not.

I can go into my local bank and get something notarised in 5 minutes for free.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
You have 2 options, one that involves a notary and one that does not.

I can go into my local bank and get something notarised in 5 minutes for free.
I will ask here in my bank, but Germany is very burocratic and usually you pay for everything
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will ask here in my bank, but Germany is very burocratic and usually you pay for everything
Can't you do something like:

"Under penalty of perjury, I declare all statements written above to be true.

_________________________ signature

(Print name)

__________________________ date "

Cost: $0
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Can't you do something like:

"Under penalty of perjury, I declare all statements written above to be true.

_________________________ signature

(Print name)

__________________________ date "

Cost: $0
Thank you for being so helpful !
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:15 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She could not have made that determination just by looking at the code. Even Mr. Folinsky seems agree with that - and he is an experienced immigration attorney. So, the only sensible conclusion is that she lied to you... either deliberately or because she didn't know any better. Either way, do not contact this lawyer again... it seems that all she wants is your money.
Ian: a mistake is not a "lie." Also, there may very well be a misunderstanding. Even if there is no "lie" involved, it does not hang together. That is all I am saying.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:18 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thx. I did everything but it wasn't notarized, i will do it. But then I don't need this G-28, do I?
The G-28 is a notice of appearance by an attorney [or accredited representative].

For many years it was a one page form and did not change. A few years back it became a two page form. A year back it became a four page form. So much for the "Reduction of Paperwork Act." [I'm not joking about that law].
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:20 am
BE Commentator

No, you don't. Since no one else has mentioned it, it could take a year or more to get anything back from a FOIA request.

Ian
On the attorney chat boards, there has been a level of extreme amazement that some electronically submitted FOIA's are now getting responses within a few weeks! Of course, the redactions are something else.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do they, USCIS, accept a German notary ? I mean if they are legitimated to intervene in a US process?
You don't need a notary. This is the magic language you're looking for. This statement is an acceptable substitute for a legal jurat:

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date] by [signature].

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Mar 22nd 2016 at 3:04 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:53 am
BE Commentator

You don't need a notary. This is the magic language you're looking for. This statement is an acceptable substitute for a legal jurat:

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date] by [signature].Ian
If memory serves me correctly, the necessary notarization is for acknowledgement and not a jurat. The declaration under penalty of perjury is a substitute for a jurat only.

Also, I'm not sure that a non-LPR non-citizen outside the UD has the right to see their own records.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Well guys! Thank you for your help. I went to a German notary and he charged me 24 Euros and after that I went to a translation agency to get it into English (another 25 Euros), just in case, and on Thursday when I pick the certified translation I will sent the letter again. I think this try is much cheaper than the 800 dollars of the NYC' s lawyer.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about Germany but in the UK and Canada a notary has to be a qualified practicing solicitor...and yes they do charge. In the US any man and his dog can be a notary...the manager of my local UPS store was a notary. US notaries are not recognized in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.