B2 visa with Simple Caution

Old Feb 13th 2018, 11:50 am
Just Joined

DiggerDagger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B2 visa with Simple Caution

5 months exact, fingers crossed.... I will deffo let you kno the outcome
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiggerDagger
Thanks for the reply, whilst everyone on this thread has said I virtually stand no chance others seem to think different, no one has definistive answers , I shall hope and pray, my holiday is end of August and my interview is end of March
Who are these other people who think differently, and what experience(s) of the US immigration process do they have?

I put your chances of getting the visa at less than 50-50, purely because the offence is so recent and you could still be seen as a risk in the eyes of the US authorities.

Unfortunately, you might want to prepare yourself and your family for the fact that this trip might not go ahead as planned.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

mate you only gota look through various threads to see people have obtained visas and they have been to prison and done far worse then what I have done. I’m ready for whatever they throw at me , it is what it is.....
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
So only 5 months between interview and departure? Very very unlikely.

Please do let us know what happens though.
'IF' he is granted a waiver, the times scales have been much quicker recently. Somebody I know has just got theirs 10 weeks after interview
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

I kno someone who has got it in 12 weeks, and they went to prison for GBH .... far too much scaremongering on these forums I find.... be positive I’m life you never kno where it’s gona get you
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Out of curiosity have any of you actually sat and had this interview ? I think not so it’s all hear say she say
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

I kno someone who has got it in 12 weeks, and they went to prison for GBH .... far too much scaremongering on these forums I find.... be positive I’m life you never kno where it’s gona get you

some of the regulars on this forum are sanctimonious. People are generally aware of their transgressions and look for advice only to get the usual... visa is a privilege not a right spiel (yawn). yeh yeh we already know this ...
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
'IF' he is granted a waiver, the times scales have been much quicker recently. Somebody I know has just got theirs 10 weeks after interview
Mind me asking why did he have to have an interview what did he do wrong ? Or she ?
Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mind me asking why did he have to have an interview what did he do wrong ? Or she ?
prison time for gbh but 15 years ago

Last edited by karenkaren1; Feb 13th 2018 at 2:00 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 13th 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
prison time but 15 years ago
Which is obviously far worse then what happened to me I received a simple caution for possession of a small amount of cannabis, I Kno they frown upon this, my wife frowns upon it as well.... 1st offence and I’m in my mid 30’s..... fingers crossed
Old Feb 13th 2018, 2:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Which is obviously far worse then what happened to me I received a simple caution for possession of a small amount of cannabis, I Kno they frown upon this, my wife frowns upon it as well.... 1st offence and I’m in my mid 30’s..... fingers crossed
You're missing the key phrase - in that case it was 15 years ago.

That's very different than something that happened last year. For one thing it shows rehabilitation.

Look, you came on here asking for advice, we gave it based on previous experience and knowledge gleaned from years of seeing threads on here. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it invalid. Nor does it make us 'scaremongers'..

You've paid your money, you're taking your chance. YMMV. Like I said, let us know how it goes.

some of the regulars on this forum are sanctimonious. People are generally aware of their transgressions and look for advice only to get the usual... visa is a privilege not a right spiel (yawn). yeh yeh we already know this ...
Go spend some time on visajourney if you hate BE so much. I'm sure they would love to have you.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by civilservant

Go spend some time on visajourney if you hate BE so much. I'm sure they would love to have you.
seems he's not the only one missing a key phrase....

I actually said 'some' (not all) just some. thanks for the advice tho
Old Feb 13th 2018, 3:21 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You might want to read this thread for further information:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...cation-713051/
Out of curiosity have any of you actually sat and had this interview ? I think not so it’s all hear say she say

Did you read the thread I pointed you towards? It is full of first-hand evidence from people who have trodden the route you are on.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I have had "the interview" on several occasions and, if you bother to look at the main thread on the subject, or click on my username and search through my post history, you'll see I've been one of the most prolific contributors over the last seven years or so.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I have had "the interview" on several occasions and, if you bother to look at the main thread on the subject, or click on my username and search through my post history, you'll see I've been one of the most prolific contributors over the last seven years or so.
I did ‘ bother ‘ to look through the threads, u seem to have taken this all a bit personal come on mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.