I-130 Family Visa-Help Please !

Old Jun 1st 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

cruise1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Family Visa-Help Please !

Our US Citizen son has submitted application for my wife and I to become permanent residents in the US. Our application received by USCIS on December 19th 2016 . Our status currently shows that (after they recently asked for a couple of documents from us) they are recommencing work on our case and will mail us a decision. We have been in the system for almost six months now ...any ideas how long from here to end of process ? Also do we need medicals and if so (we are both in our 50's) where do we get these done ? I also read somewhere about requiring police reports for us both ? Where do we start with those when required ?

Is next step an interview...we live in Scotland and believe there is still US Consulate in Belfast ?

Any other help or advice you can give would be great...it is so very frustrating going through this process !!!

Thanks so much for any comments
Keith
Old Jun 1st 2017, 9:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Family Visa-Help Please !

Research IR-1 Immigrant visa. The whole process can take up to a year, especially since you've had to return some further documents.

After the I-130s get approved (your son filed one for each of you, right?), the case moves to NVC to collect the affidavit of support and civil documents. This includes police reports. Do a search on ACRO certificates.

After NVC collects all this and fees are paid, the case moves to London and you'll need to book medical exams. I don't know if there are authorized doctors near to you, or if you have to go to Knightsbridge in London. Check the US Embassy website.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 1st 2017 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 9:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I googled US Embassy in Belfast. They do not process immigrant visas, so you'll need to go to Knightsbridge doctors in London for the medicals, and have your visa interview at the US Embassy in London.

Rene
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I googled US Embassy in Belfast. They do not process immigrant visas, so you'll need to go to Knightsbridge doctors in London for the medicals, and have your visa interview at the US Embassy in London.

Rene
Thanks Rene...really appreciate your help. Bit disappointed regarding the "up to a year " bit but if that turns out to be worst case then little we can do about that ! Had a look at obtaining police reports and costs and Knightsbridge Doctors medical requirements...looks like we should be looking to get a few immunisation records or injections arranged too ! Keith
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cruise1
Our application received by USCIS on December 19th 2016 .
All else being equal, you can expect to get your visas about 12 months after the I-130 petitions were received by US immigration.

Also do we need medicals and if so (we are both in our 50's) where do we get these done ?
You will both need medicals, yes. They will be done at Knightsbridge in London.

I also read somewhere about requiring police reports for us both ? Where do we start with those when required ?
ACRO certificates are valid for one year for US immigration purposes but only 6 months for medical purposes. You must take the certificate to the medical... so don't get them too soon. You must provide a police certificate for every country in which you've lived for more than 1 year since age 16.

Is next step an interview...
No. The next step is the medical. After the medical you have your interview.

...we live in Scotland and believe there is still US Consulate in Belfast ?
You will interview at the US Consular Service in London.

... it is so very frustrating going through this process !!!
Can you please be more specific about what you find frustrating? It's definitely time consuming - but the process is very straight forward.

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
All else being equal, you can expect to get your visas about 12 months after the I-130 petitions were received by US immigration.

You will both need medicals, yes. They will be done at Knightsbridge in London.

ACRO certificates are valid for one year for US immigration purposes but only 6 months for medical purposes. You must take the certificate to the medical... so don't get them too soon. You must provide a police certificate for every country in which you've lived for more than 1 year since age 16.

No. The next step is the medical. After the medical you have your interview.

You will interview at the US Consular Service in London.

Can you please be more specific about what you find frustrating? It's definitely time consuming - but the process is very straight forward.

Ian
Thanks for that Ian ....I appreciate your help . My frustration is borne out of not being in control of the process and not knowing exactly how long it will take to complete...nothing you ,I or anyone else can do about that though right ?
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cruise1
Our US Citizen son has submitted application for my wife and I to become permanent residents in the US. Our application received by USCIS on December 19th 2016 . Our status currently shows that (after they recently asked for a couple of documents from us) they are recommencing work on our case and will mail us a decision. Any other help or advice you can give would be great...it is so very frustrating going through this process !!!

Thanks so much for any comments
Keith
I see that Noorah has been responding to your questions, along with Ian. Both are well versed so you can't go wrong with their advice and knowledge.

I have one question, however, and I have highlighted what has prompted the question. Why is USCIS getting in touch with you personally and why would they be sending the decision to you rather than to the petitioner who is your son?
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

PS I know that others will be along to ask if you are retired or will be looking for employment in the US. The reason for that is that high costs of healthcare insurance and living in the US. Often healthcare is provided and/or supplemented by an employer if you are working full time. It does help greatly in reducing your out of pocket expenses.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
I see that Noorah has been responding to your questions, along with Ian. Both are well versed so you can't go wrong with their advice and knowledge.

I have one question, however, and I have highlighted what has prompted the question. Why is USCIS getting in touch with you personally and why would they be sending the decision to you rather than to the petitioner who is your son?
Thanks...they are dealing with our son but we have access to our application numbers which are visible on the Case Tracker app for USCIS ... I was quoting what it states on there .
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
PS I know that others will be along to ask if you are retired or will be looking for employment in the US. The reason for that is that high costs of healthcare insurance and living in the US. Often healthcare is provided and/or supplemented by an employer if you are working full time. It does help greatly in reducing your out of pocket expenses.
Thanks again Rete...we are both intending to work full time . Not quite ready to retire just yet .
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some States like CA allow you to go straight on to Medicaid.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:35 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Research IR-1 Immigrant visa.

S Embassy website.

Rene
Actually it's IR-5 they need to Google. Although the process, time scale, fees and outcome are the same we don't want to confuse him.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Some States like CA allow you to go straight on to Medicaid.
Thanks for the info .Keith
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Actually it's IR-5 they need to Google. Although the process, time scale, fees and outcome are the same we don't want to confuse him.
Thanks for that ...appreciate it . Keith
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:31 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Medicaid in itself is not all covering when it comes to healthcare - and if and when you gain employment (of it's full time) you are likely to get health coverage through the employer.

What are both of your fields of work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.