B2 to L2 question

Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:05 am
Just Joined

LindaPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 to L2 question

Hi - My partner has an L1 visa and I have a B2, we are currently in the US and plan to marry in Vegas.

I will go back to UK to apply for a L2 visa.

1. Does anyone have any idea how long this process will take?
2. Will my husband have to come to UK with me?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 to L2 question

Originally Posted by LindaPhillips
1. Does anyone have any idea how long this process will take?
Just as long as it takes to get an appointment at the consulate.

2. Will my husband have to come to UK with me?
No.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 to L2 question

Originally Posted by LindaPhillips
Hi - My partner has an L1 visa and I have a B2, we are currently in the US and plan to marry in Vegas.
Did you actually get a divorce from your husband? When you first posted in June, that hadn't happened yet. You will need a copy of the final divorce decree in order to get married again.

I will go back to UK to apply for a L2 visa.
That's one strategy of many. There are other routes that don't require you to travel to the UK.

Ian