Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B-2 Chances??? Anyone with similar experience?

B-2 Chances??? Anyone with similar experience?

Old Oct 24th 2017, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

tomthepom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B-2 Chances??? Anyone with similar experience?

Hi all, I have read and read and read so many posts and forums yet can't find any with a similar background to mine enough so would like your take on this.

I wil start with my crim rec:

2 cautions for criminal damage, + 1 conditional discharge for criminal damage - 2005, amounting to one fine of £55 plus £200 compensation.

1 caution for possession of class c cannabis - 2005 - no fine or anything.

1 arrest for burgalry, aquitted (they got the wrong guy) no further action, no conviction. 2007

1 caution for fraudulently displaying car tax on the wrong car. (put the disc on the wrong car) 2008 - no fine or anything

I know this all makes me look like a scumbag but the circumstances are not as bad as it looks i promise, but yes it is what it is. I have not been in trouble for nearly 10 years and this all occurred when i was young and stupid (21-24 years old) I'm now 34 and have not been in trouble since.

So 3 different offences, (4 if you count the one I was not convicted of) one for drugs, 1 for minor fraud with no fine (probably moral turpitude), and then 3 for the the same offence. All are now spent under UK law

I now work for a travel company and have been given a motorhome holiday in California to try out with my Dad, who used to be an aircraft manufacturer in California, now retired. I am severely doubting they will give me a visa despite the length of time it has been since my offences.

Does anybody have any experience or advice? I am fearing the worst.

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 24th 2017, 5:28 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B-2 Chances??? Anyone with similar experience?

Welcome to BE. This is the thread for you, I think, hundreds of pages of it!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...cation-713051/
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you have a reasonably good chance of being granted a visa. Just be aware that it is likely to take some time (ie. > 6 months or more). Your first step should be to apply for your ACRO certificate. Come back and ask if you need any further advice.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

tomthepom is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys i applied for my acro cert today, so will wait for that to come back before i book my interview, I guess it will be a waiver of inadmissibility visa? I hear they take a while. I have already foolishly booked my trip which is in May, so I hope it will be sorted by then, I'll update mmy progress as and when.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

You'll probably be cutting it fine for May but get in ASAP (like next week) and you stand a reasonable chance. Average wait times right now are 16-22 weeks or so. Some people are still ending up in the 6-8 month range though.