Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Appointment for an interview in London

Appointment for an interview in London

Old Jan 1st 2018, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

our7i is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appointment for an interview in London

Hi all,

First of all: Happy New Year!

I've been trying to book an appointment for a visa (L1-B) interview at the US embassy in London since before Christmas, but cannot see anything available. I know they will be moving the embassy to a new location as of the 16th Jan and imagine they're reducing their workload to make the transition.

I've contacted the embassy and the Visa Appointment Service support centre, however no one is able to tell me when more appointments are released. One of them said I should check "every two hours", "day and night"...

Does anyone know anything about when appointments are released generally speaking? Also if anyone has info about new appointments in London then that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 6th 2018, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appointment for an interview in London

Ah! Was wanting to schedule an appointment to extend H-1b/H4 (petition valid for another 2.5 years) in London at the end of January and also couldn't find any info about appointment times either.

I'll only be around in London for a couple of weeks. If I submit my DS-160 and then there are subsequently no appointments available during the period I'm in the UK, is there any consequence to cancelling the appointment? The visas are valid for another 8 months so I have a few more months to sort out an alternative.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sherbert
Ah! Was wanting to schedule an appointment to extend H-1b/H4 (petition valid for another 2.5 years) in London at the end of January and also couldn't find any info about appointment times either.

I'll only be around in London for a couple of weeks. If I submit my DS-160 and then there are subsequently no appointments available during the period I'm in the UK, is there any consequence to cancelling the appointment? The visas are valid for another 8 months so I have a few more months to sort out an alternative.
If there are no appointments available, how could you cancel it?
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Because I have to first submit the DS-160 to actually see if an appointment can be scheduled or not.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Blobstopher is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat. Tried to book an appointment for an interview (green card) and nothing is available. I'll wait for 16th Jan to pass and see what happens.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blobstopher
I'm in the same boat. Tried to book an appointment for an interview (green card) and nothing is available. I'll wait for 16th Jan to pass and see what happens.
Just to be clear, you won't have a green card interview. It will be an Immigrant Visa interview.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update: made an appointment. First available is currently showing 23 Jan. Perhaps it is different for non-immigrant visas?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nope no luck. Checked several times now, all blanked out. Will check again in the am.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

I've sent an email to the visa unit. Is anyone having any luck with immigrant visa interview appointments?
Old Jan 10th 2018, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Quick update, a whole bunch of slots opened up for end of Jan and throughout Feb sometime between 4pm and 5pm. Checked all day yesterday and nothing was available so there appears to be a window at the end of the day where they allocate interview slots.

Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone can share his experience with wait times for appointments in London regarding EB green card interviews?

I am starting Consular Processing, and I was wondering how long it could take.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

FYI: I went to the new consulate in London on Tuesday. My appointment was at 14:00. I arrived at 13:40, there were no lines, I walked straight in. The building is huge and shiny and new but there is still a lot of work in progress. I was printed and interviewed and out by 14:10. My passport was ready for pick up today, Friday. So all in all, three days from beginning to end.