Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applied for Citizenship.. Green Card now Expired

Applied for Citizenship.. Green Card now Expired

Old Jan 24th 2018, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

DuncanCunningham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applied for Citizenship.. Green Card now Expired

Originally Posted by tom169
You got given answers from this forum (including me) then received contradicting advice from someone else. Sounds to me like it's come full circle.
I'm going to have someone test my SSN and IDs and see what happens and report back what I find out.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DuncanCunningham
I'm going to have someone test my SSN and IDs and see what happens and report back what I find out.
You can do it yourself here - https://myeverify.uscis.gov
Old Jan 25th 2018, 1:13 am
Just Joined

DuncanCunningham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Olly_
You can do it yourself here - https://myeverify.uscis.gov
You beauty!!

Well, I went through the process and I got a thumbs up but in small print lower down the page.

"Work Authorization Details
Self Check compared the information you provided to U.S. government records and can confirm that, based on the information you provided, you are eligible to work in the United States.

If you are hired today by an E‑Verify participating employer and you use the same documents and information provided, you will likely be instantly work authorized when your employer checks your information using E‑Verify.

In the event that you are not instantly work authorized, please work with your employer to ensure that your information was entered correctly and, if necessary, follow the step outlined by E‑Verify to resolve any issues.

This doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to pass through E‑Verify without issue. A number of things can happen between now and when a future employer checks your information using E‑Verify that may cause you to get a mismatch. Those things include name changes, citizenship status changes, expiration of work authorization, or simple data entry error when your employer is entering your information into E‑Verify. It is important that you keep your records up to date with the government to ensure an accurate employment verification process."

i just have to hope that the expired Green Card will not be an issue. The process asked for my Alien card number so they'll want to see that probably. I just hope that the citizenship is over by the time I have to do this with a new employer.
Attached Thumbnails Applied for Citizenship.. Green Card now Expired-e-verify_results.png  

Last edited by DuncanCunningham; Jan 25th 2018 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:42 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

But none of those things in red are changing until you get citizenship.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Also to be noted is that receipt of the renewed green card is taking well over a year. You will be US Citizen by that time.