Anyone with I-90 experience?

Old Dec 19th 2005, 4:00 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone with I-90 experience?

My Green Card was sent to me with the wrong photograph and I returned the card with I-90 and supporting documentation back. It arrived there December 6th...so pretty much 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any experience with the I-90? Like how long did it take to get a NOA (I assume they issue those?) And how long did it take to get a replacement card?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:52 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with I-90 experience?

There has to be someone on this forum that has had to file the I-90! Come on, someone has to be able to tell me how long I may have to wait for this damn replacement card.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
There has to be someone on this forum that has had to file the I-90! Come on, someone has to be able to tell me how long I may have to wait for this damn replacement card.
Hi Steffi,

I don't have direct experience, but I have heard that it could take up to a year to get the replacement. I hope that's not true.

Rene
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You *might* have to wait .... four years. Yeah, that's it, four years.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point

My Green Card was sent to me with the wrong photograph and I returned the card with I-90 and supporting documentation back. It arrived there December 6th...so pretty much 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any experience with the I-90? Like how long did it take to get a NOA (I assume they issue those?) And how long did it take to get a replacement card?
Hi there,

I had to return my Green Card as my name was spelt incorrectly - I have to say it was a nightmare! Without going into all the frustrating details, I found the only way to get any sort of speedy results was to contact our local Congressman's office, they managed to expedite matters and I got the card replaced in around 5 months but not without significant hassle. I am in California btw, not sure if other regions are any better. I work for a government agency and have frequent contact with politicians so had some "clout".

The biggest problems came when I travelled overseas and returned to the US, I was detained by immigration for over 2 hours on one occasion wanting to know where my GC was despite the fact I had copies of the 1-90 with me, I missed my connecting flight and had to answer detailed and very probing questions. Fortunately, I took copies of every single possibly relevant document and had a valid stamp in my passport.

Good luck, hope your experience is better than mine.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:30 pm
K1 via London

Thanks everyone and thanks steppke for your experience. Sounds like a hassle! Grrrr. Instead of sending me the card so freakin' fast I wuoldn't have minded waiting an additional 2 weeks to get the CORRECT card. Frustrating! So 5 months, huh? Maybe I'll have to go ahead and start thinking about that congressman...
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:02 pm
K1 via London

Steppke, another question: Did you ever get a NOA for it?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Steppke, another question: Did you ever get a NOA for it?
I did, I also got a rejection notice a few days later as I didn't include a check - it was clearly their mistake so I shouldn't have to pay right..... that was where all the delays started as they refused to accept the 1-90 without a check for a replacement fee. At that point I contacted the Congressman's office.

Good luck
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:28 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by steppke
I did, I also got a rejection notice a few days later as I didn't include a check - it was clearly their mistake so I shouldn't have to pay right..... that was where all the delays started as they refused to accept the 1-90 without a check for a replacement fee. At that point I contacted the Congressman's office.

Good luck
Sorry for the continued questions, but...do you remember about how long it took between them receiving (or you sending) it and the NOA?

Thankfully they have changed the I-90 rules (there's a memo floating around somewhere) to make it clear that if it's their fault you don't have to pay (option "b" or "d" ), so hopefully that won't be an issue for me.

I just went to the USCIS website and realized that CSC actually lists their timeline for I-90s. They're currently working on December 8th. Only problem is: never got a NOA yet, so even though according to the post office my application arrived December 6th I doubt I can count on that. *sigh*
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for the continued questions, but...do you remember about how long it took between them receiving (or you sending) it and the NOA?

Thankfully they have changed the I-90 rules (there's a memo floating around somewhere) to make it clear that if it's their fault you don't have to pay (option "b" or "d" ), so hopefully that won't be an issue for me.

I just went to the USCIS website and realized that CSC actually lists their timeline for I-90s. They're currently working on December 8th. Only problem is: never got a NOA yet, so even though according to the post office my application arrived December 6th I doubt I can count on that. *sigh*
The NOA arrived quickly, about 2 weeks after submission but I also submitted after the rule change but obviously the person who reviewed my application was not aware that you do not have to pay for administrative errors, or, if my contact via the congressman's office is correct, there is an unofficial directive to try and charge the fee regardless and see if you complain.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:50 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by steppke
The NOA arrived quickly, about 2 weeks after submission but I also submitted after the rule change but obviously the person who reviewed my application was not aware that you do not have to pay for administrative errors, or, if my contact via the congressman's office is correct, there is an unofficial directive to try and charge the fee regardless and see if you complain.
Ok, so hopefully that means I'll get mine before long too. Thanks for all the replies!