Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:24 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Originally Posted by sambapink
Thanks for the hair comment!! I'm on the Vodka,... BIG TIME.. its being aired on thursday morning back home.. think we have to do 2 interviews live !!!!
Do I have time to get some slingbacks (or whatever they're called) so I can watch it? Say, where's UGAcrew? I need some tech help.

Samba, you look like a prettier Posh Spice.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Samba, you look like a prettier Posh Spice.
I'm not entirely sure if i should take that as a compliment...

Ahh wait.. its the pout right..?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:41 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not entirely sure if i should take that as a compliment...

Ahh wait.. its the pout right..?
Just have the same shaped face. Before she became the sourpuss, she was the most hittable of the bunch. You can take it as a compliment.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:48 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the hair comment!! I'm on the Vodka,... BIG TIME.. its being aired on thursday morning back home.. think we have to do 2 interviews live !!!!
on GMTV right??
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
on GMTV right??
'Tis indeed... They are giving me a copy on Wednesday night when we go to the studio.. apperantely they get a live feed back or something so can give us a copy
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:06 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis indeed... They are giving me a copy on Wednesday night when we go to the studio.. apperantely they get a live feed back or something so can give us a copy
you must have to be there at stupid o'clock!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
you must have to be there at stupid o'clock!
Actually.. half past stupid o'clock..!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:43 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you. It sounds like it was fun…..in ..like…poke me with a sharp stick kind of away. Drink up lady.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

I've got half of the UK ready and waiting to watch you. No pressure mind
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

runningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nice

Originally Posted by emailrob
I've got half of the UK ready and waiting to watch you. No pressure mind
Me too!!

They are all expecting you to mention your friends

Last edited by runningbird; Sep 9th 2008 at 6:58 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Well its almost 1pm here, and they are due at 3.. I'm very nervous now... just don't really know what to expect.. do you think they will film my house - or just have us sit down somewhere to chat..? I'm just trying to decide if its worth doing any house work

Has anyone watched one of those 'living the dream' type segments recently?? Ahhhhh what was I thinking agreeing to this.. !!!!!!!
I saw it this morning! It was on at about 7.45am UK time interviewing a family who moved to Australia (Adelaide I think) with two girls probably about 12 and 7. They were from up north somewhere and had changed from a two-up, two-down terraced house to a three bed detached spacious house in the suburbs. It had some shots of their house from the outside then they were interviewed, from what it looked like, standing in a local park with a backdrop of the city behind.

They asked about their life there, husband spoke a lot about the weather and nice it was and how they could do all kinds of outdoor activities, what house they could get for their money compared to the UK, then they spoke about what they missed (both said family, friends, history of UK such castles, historic buildings) and then asked a couple of questions to the children. Think they asked if they preferred it, what they like about it (again outdoor activities such as horse riding and netball) and that was it. Also if the family want to move back, to which it was a "No". All over in about 5 minutes. Interview was done by Fiona Phillips...
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:47 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisag8070
hello china...how you've been??
Howzit hon.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paul_79
I saw it this morning! It was on at about 7.45am UK time interviewing a family who moved to Australia (Adelaide I think) with two girls probably about 12 and 7. They were from up north somewhere and had changed from a two-up, two-down terraced house to a three bed detached spacious house in the suburbs. It had some shots of their house from the outside then they were interviewed, from what it looked like, standing in a local park with a backdrop of the city behind.

They asked about their life there, husband spoke a lot about the weather and nice it was and how they could do all kinds of outdoor activities, what house they could get for their money compared to the UK, then they spoke about what they missed (both said family, friends, history of UK such castles, historic buildings) and then asked a couple of questions to the children. Think they asked if they preferred it, what they like about it (again outdoor activities such as horse riding and netball) and that was it. Also if the family want to move back, to which it was a "No". All over in about 5 minutes. Interview was done by Fiona Phillips...
Oh good god.. Firstly, I can't really remember the questions.. but I reckon all in all there were about 6 questions.. if that!!! - How come the aussie get so many questions and a chance to shine

For all of those that have asked their familes back home to watch it (RunningBird, Cybersecretary, Rob) - Probs tell them that you DON"T know me.. they may worry about the sort of company your keeping.. On reflection.. I was seriously bad, made absolutely no sense whatsoever.. I can't believe that we made ANY valid points whatsoever..

I'm sorry all.. I think I may let the US Expats down in spectacular style!!! - AND I didn't even get to mention how awful the chocolate is here!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:57 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good god.. Firstly, I can't really remember the questions.. but I reckon all in all there were about 6 questions.. if that!!! - How come the aussie get so many questions and a chance to shine

For all of those that have asked their familes back home to watch it (RunningBird, Cybersecretary, Rob) - Probs tell them that you DON"T know me.. they may worry about the sort of company your keeping.. On reflection.. I was seriously bad, made absolutely no sense whatsoever.. I can't believe that we made ANY valid points whatsoever..

I'm sorry all.. I think I may let the US Expats down in spectacular style!!! - AND I didn't even get to mention how awful the chocolate is here!!

Im sure you did just fine
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

You missed the chocolate? I would have made it the main focus

"Poor British guy stuck in the US, all chocolate parcels accepted. Galaxy a preference but all reasonable offers considered"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.