Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I thought you were going to say you were pregnant.....
That would be the immaculate conception..!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:28 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful news...good on ya girl...

don't forget to tell them how much hassle you have to go through to get a decent cup of tea...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to get 953 travel agents, 2,043 plumbers and 872 leisure centre managers new to this site asking how to move to the OC the day after this airs. Samba can answer them all as far as I'm concerned.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
make sure someone gets you a copy so you can stick it on UTube for all us to see
Yes I'd love to see it. Have fun!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:08 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

May I have your autograph?

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
We're going to get 953 travel agents, 2,043 plumbers and 872 leisure centre managers new to this site asking how to move to the OC the day after this airs. Samba can answer them all as far as I'm concerned.
No No.... i'll stress all the points that are made here daily to our new posters asking the same questions about Immigrating to the US.. That should see 'em off... Well actually saying that, judging by some of the threads some still don't seem to get it
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:57 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them it's not as easy as 'Eastenders' to just up and move to the USA, and even if it was it might not be all they expect.

That might cut the 'I want to move to America but have no money or education' posts down a bit.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh.. I forgot to mention that this show comes on the back of ANOTHER bunch of reports that states that Brits are leaving Britain in their droves.. Which kind of begs the question as to why they are asking for Families in America? I'm sure they are going to do Australia/NZ etc too.. but people that come to America *tend* to come for very different reasons... i.e. Job Transfer or Marriage.. Seeing as the Green card lottery no longer exists in the UK (except NI, I think).. thats rules out 'randomists'.. I haven't met a single expat here that came for a better life and sunshine as there primary reason...Its mostly, in the first instance for the aforementioned reasons. (not including expats that have been here years and years).

Anyway, I thought i'd throw that out there.. was just thinking aloud...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Tell them it's not as easy as 'Eastenders' to just up and move to the USA, and even if it was it might not be all they expect.

That might cut the 'I want to move to America but have no money or education' posts down a bit.
I'll do my best.. I'm starting to feel the weight of BE.com on my shoulders!! - oohhh i'll have to try and get a sneaky plug in for the site.. oh wait.. no that'll make matters worse...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
I'll do my best.. I'm starting to feel the weight of BE.com on my shoulders!! - oohhh i'll have to try and get a sneaky plug in for the site.. oh wait.. no that'll make matters worse...
yup, you don't want to do that

That's brilliant! I hope someone does tape it.
Can you make an appeal to the British Public to send decent sausages?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:32 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Is it the slightly 'camp' guy who normally covers the Hollywood/showbusiness stories in LA who is coming to interview you or will it just be a live satellite feed to the UK studio?

Tell the audience that there is absolutely no-one like Keith 'Cheggers' Chegwin on American TV..! ( I couldn't believe that he was still on GMTV when I saw it last week over in Blighty...he was doing 'live' spots from various seaside resorts for inane phone-in quizzes).

Seriously - do let the audience know just how little annual leave Americans get compared to Europeans, especially when someone begins a new job.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

.......all you need to say is you have heard that Florida is welcoming Brits with open arms to move to the sunshine state...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:43 am
Not a desperate housewife

EnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really niceEnglishRose84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sambapink
OR how about a plug for the wonderful friend who gave you the gig missus!

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

runningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nicerunningbird is just really nice

Originally Posted by oc-bound
Wow - your friends must be REALLY nice people!

I hope you remember them when you're famous

WE ARE

don't forget the runningbird and the english rose when you are living in cota de caza with the other 'real wives' of Orange County
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by runningbird
WE ARE

don't forget the runningbird and the english rose when you are living in cota de caza with the other 'real wives' of Orange County
Sorry do I know you..

Just messing gorgeous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.