Advice on ACRO please!

Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on ACRO please!

I'm pretty certain that you should have received some paperwork if you were actually getting a cannabis warning, a street caution would normally result in a copy of it being given to you. I wonder if the officer was just trying to scare you.

If it doesn't come back on that system mentioned above (great research btw), and you weren't arrested, I would think you can omit it, as technically, nothing happened. If that is the case, you've got off very lucky and your immigration process is about to get a lot easier, as I'm pretty confident that neither of your reprimands are crimes of moral turpitude. All in, you would in fact be eligible for ESTA.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
I'm pretty certain that you should have received some paperwork if you were actually getting a cannabis warning, a street caution would normally result in a copy of it being given to you. I wonder if the officer was just trying to scare you.

If it doesn't come back on that system mentioned above (great research btw), and you weren't arrested, I would think you can omit it, as technically, nothing happened.
Something did happen though. The OP is obliged to disclose the incident and provide any related evidence.

We never advise people to knowingly withhold information or otherwise break immigration rules on this forum.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Something did happen though. The OP is obliged to disclose the incident and provide any related evidence.

We never advise people to knowingly withhold information or otherwise break immigration rules on this forum.
I'm clearly not advising OP to withhold information - if the SAR comes back clean then what he thought happened didn't actually happen - he just got a ticking off from a police officer. The question on the DS-160 is whether he has been arrested or convicted, and for this particular incident, the answer would be no.

The violating or conspiring to violate controlled substance law question/answer is dependent on what actually happened, and I'm clearly not telling OP to lie.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:06 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

If they seized it, which they clearly did, there should be paperwork somewhere. Doesn't necessarily mean any record of the warning though.

I'm actually quite surprised how much stuff the police do get rid of, especially when you compare to HMRC.