Advice on ACRO please!

Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Blu_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on ACRO please!

Hello everyone!

I have posted before regarding my issue but I'm sorry that I cannot find my thread.

There is a chance that I will be trying to aquire a K1 visa. I am one of many that have past police encounters in the UK. I am not proud of myself and the last offence was over 8 years ago. I am seriously ashamed of myself.

Back in 2009 I recieved a cannabis warning for 2 grams.

It happened, it's completely my fault & I need to deal with the consequences.

I know I'll need to declare it but I have my ACRO cert that says "No live trace" my subject access for the PNC does not show the warning and neither does my enhanced DBS certificate.

I'm not sure what to do as there doesn't appear to be any record of it happening at all.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I understand that this will make the whole process very difficult but I am not the man I was in my teens and cannot just lay down and give up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Blu
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:56 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on ACRO please!

How can you not find your own thread...just click on your username and view past topics...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...lcomed-900697/

So first it was 0.5g and now its 2g....
Old Oct 17th 2017, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the tip! Nice one!

yeah, I wasn't sure on the amount until I spoke to the other guy who was there on the day. Definately 2g. I knew it was less than an 8th of an ounce but couldn't remember exactly. REALLY not trying to pull wool over anyone's eyes at all.

Last edited by Blu_jz; Oct 17th 2017 at 12:17 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

When you say "warning", what exactly do you mean?

Was it a street caution? Or a formal caution in a police station?

edit:
Upon further research I see you must mean what is equivalent to a street caution. It's an interesting predicament - technically you should be telling the US Consulate about this as part of your application, there is no grey line there. Not doing so would by definition be wilful misrepresentation which is a barrier that is very difficult to cross in terms of immigration.

I'm staggered it doesn't come up on the SAR though, the officer must have made a mistake. Have you got a SAR from the police force that was involved? Information doesn't ALWAYS cross over.

Last edited by shiversaint; Oct 17th 2017 at 2:35 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
When you say "warning", what exactly do you mean?

Was it a street caution? Or a formal caution in a police station?

edit:
Upon further research I see you must mean what is equivalent to a street caution. It's an interesting predicament - technically you should be telling the US Consulate about this as part of your application, there is no grey line there. Not doing so would by definition be wilful misrepresentation which is a barrier that is very difficult to cross in terms of immigration.

I'm staggered it doesn't come up on the SAR though, the officer must have made a mistake. Have you got a SAR from the police force that was involved? Information doesn't ALWAYS cross over.
If it appears on a ACRO certificate but not on a PNC SAR then it must be recorded somewhere and I would suggest you will be proven correct in this suggestion.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Nothing. I even called in a favour to have an advanced DBS check carried out. This partucular check allows me to work unsupervised with vulnerable children & adults its the most thorough one.

The warning was literally a verbal ticking off. No paperwork, nothing.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blu_jz
Nothing. I even called in a favour to have an advanced DBS check carried out. This partucular check allows me to work unsupervised with vulnerable children & adults its the most thorough one.

The warning was literally a verbal ticking off. No paperwork, nothing.
And yet it appears on an ACRO Police Certificate so there will need to be a record of it somewhere. Unless your 'No Live Trace' result was for something else?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

I'm not doing too well am I here. I did get a reprimand for graffiti and common assault (poked someone with a stick) back when I was 15 which was 13 years ago. These are what are giving me the no live trace. I'm hoping that them being so long ago that they aren't as much as an issue as the cannabis. I was a fool as a teen. I don't have any excuse other than falling into the wrong crowd.

Last edited by Blu_jz; Oct 17th 2017 at 3:21 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:20 pm

I'm not doing too well am I here. I did get a reprimand for graffiti and common assault (poked someone with a stick) back when I was 15 which was 13 years ago. These are what are giving me the no live trace
Ah, I see. And those offences appear on your SAR whilst your 'caution' for possession does not?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Ah, I see. And those offences appear on your SAR whilst your 'caution' for possession does not?
This is correct!
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:32 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Often the police have 3 options available to them when they stop people in the street in possession of cannabis. Cannabis warning, PND and arrest. Cannabis warnings are a local resolution and may not be used by all forces. Cannabis warnings are recorded locally and are not placed on PNC (if the person gets stopped again in possession of cannabis, then they can't receive another warning).

PND's are recorded on PNC as is an arrest.

On the face of it, I would think you received a cannabis warning and it is recorded by your local force.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

I've always known that it would have to be disclosed, it happened. No changing the past.

What is odd is that it didn't show on my DBS. Individuals are not able to apply for an advanced check but luckily I had a connection that put me in for it. Its the most thorough search through records as it's the full works.

I'm worried that I have nothing to back my story up with. It was a fair cop. I was a stupid kid. But now it seems that all they have is my word.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

How rude of me....

Thank you all for your help.

I wish that I could go back and not have done it. I've met a wonderful girl and I would love to go, start a family, get a job & contribute towards US industry... oh.... and pay tax.

I know I'm in for a fight but I've never been one to give up.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:41 pm

I've always known that it would have to be disclosed, it happened. No changing the past.

What is odd is that it didn't show on my DBS. Individuals are not able to apply for an advanced check but luckily I had a connection that put me in for it. Its the most thorough search through records as it's the full works.

I'm worried that I have nothing to back my story up with. It was a fair cop. I was a stupid kid. But now it seems that all they have is my word.
DBS checks will only bring up a limited range of offences. This is why immigration authorities require an ACRO Police Certificate.

Having done a little more reading I would concur with StuBear65 and submit a SAR to the relevant local police force.

Cannabis Warnings will continue to play an important role but they will still not be recorded on PNC. All Cannabis Warnings will be recorded on Guardian and the Penalty Notice Processing System (PentiP).

PentiP is a single national database to record when offenders have been issued with a Cannabis Warning, Fixed Penalty Notices or Penalty Notice for Disorder (PNDs).
https://www.avonandsomerset.police.u...0028-13-pg.pdf
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Aha.

Well, I'll be back in 40 days less a tenner.

Thank you for the help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.