advice

Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice

Originally Posted by RhianC
I have near £400,000 in one trust fund and half of that in another
Well the cheapest option on the EB-5 visa program, to buy permanent residence aka "a green card" starts at about $560,000 (includes $60,000 of legal fees, and would cover your husband and children) but excuse me for saying, you'd have to be barking mad to blow 3/4 of your funds on a green card.

You know that most non-professional, non managerial jobs here only come with two weeks holiday, right? And you often have to wait until your second year in the job to get even that much! Three weeks of holiday is considered to be "a lot" by most Americans, and 4+ weeks is rare unless you are a manager and have long service.

Honestly, enjoy your life in the UK and taking holidays in Orlando, because you're almost certainly better off, and have much more free time, in the UK than if you finagled a way to make it over here.
Originally Posted by BenK91
.... I'm fairly sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but investment visa's don't lead to a green card. ....
The EB-5 visa does, but you risk losing the lot, or having it tied up for a very long time.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 7th 2017 at 4:10 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Well the cheapest option to buy permanent residence aka "a green card" starts at about $560,000 (includes $60,000 of legal fees, and would cover your husband and children) but excuse me for saying, you'd have to be barking mad to blow 3/4 of your funds on a green card.

I believe this option is ending imminently. I know it has been extended several times before but I have been told many times Dec 8th is last date for 500k EB5 applications
Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I believe this option is ending imminently. I know it has been extended several times before but I have been told many times Dec 8th is last date for 500k EB5 applications
Interesting! I've heard rumours in the past, but I hadn't heard that it was actually ending this time.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Interesting! I've heard rumours in the past, but I hadn't heard that it was actually ending this time.
I dont suppose we will find out for another month, but it was certainly something I was considering (as an alternative to new office L1a), unfortunately its just not feasible to sell enough of our assets to raise the capital in such a short time. I had hoped it would still be an option for us in the future but who knows....