Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance Parole change of USCIS policy

Advance Parole change of USCIS policy

Old Sep 14th 2017, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advance Parole change of USCIS policy

Breaking News for Individuals Filing for (or Traveling on) Advance Parole | Brown Immigration Law PC, LLO

It would seem USCIS is now denying AP applications, and treating the underlying application for AoS as abandoned, if the applicant travels abroad before the AP is approved.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:14 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance Parole change of USCIS policy

That's ridiculous if that's now the case.

Is that just the findings of cases submitted through one law firm though? I recently got my AP without issue, i can't find any USCIS documentation on this policy change
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
Breaking News for Individuals Filing for (or Traveling on) Advance Parole | Brown Immigration Law PC, LLO

It would seem USCIS is now denying AP applications, and treating the underlying application for AoS as abandoned, if the applicant travels abroad before the AP is approved.
The article states: "We want to emphasize that for those in H or L status with pending Adjustment of Status applications who have traveled prior to the Advance Parole being issued, your Advance Parole application may receive a denial. However, please know that this will not affect the pending Adjustment of Status application."

It has always been that one should not leave until they have advance parole in hand as to leave without it would be an abandonment of the adjustment of status petition.

Of course, the article is dealing only with adjustment of status for those who are here in the US on a work visa. But I'm assuming that this might well carry over to immediate relative adjustment.

Actually, back in the late 90's it was not unheard of for advance parole to be denied for those adjusting based on marriage to a USC.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

My attorneys told me about this some months ago,so have delayed AOS as they knew we had a trip book for last week of Sep. They are going to file as soon as we are back.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also applies to K3 but nothing new.