Administrative Processing London

Old Apr 26th 2017, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Johnj2961 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing London

Hi All,

I’ve found a similar thread on this website but I thought I would post my version in the hope someone would be able to help me.

I applied for a BUSINESS/PERSONAL (B1/B2)CREWMEMBER (D) visa in the US embassy, London. After the interview I was told that my visa was approved and the lady kept my passport.
The following day I received an email stating: ‘A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that additional documents are required.

In order to proceed with you visa application please could you provide us with the following information: 1. Your complete travel history for the last 10-15 years, in chronological order. 2. The full names of any siblings, children, and/or former spouses/partners *not* already provided in your initial application. 3. Your residence address history for the last 10-15 years, in chronological order. 4. All prior passport numbers and country/countries of issuance. 5. All prior occupation(s), plus a brief description if necessary, for the last 10-15 years. 6. Both Parents full names and current place of residence. Please email your response to the following address: [email protected] Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.’

In complete panic I googled everything I could about this message and have only heard negative stories but none the less emailed everything that was requested.

The following day I received my passport back with a letter stating:
‘Your visa application has been refused under Section 2219(g) of the Immigration and Nationality act, pending additional administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or related regulations. Additional administrative processing cannot be waived and we cannot issue a visa until the processing is complete. This review may take approximately 60 days to complete. In some cases, however, processing time is six months or longer.’

It then stated that I need to email my additional documents to a different email as stated above: [email protected]

So I have sent the supporting documents to both emails, though the fact that they are both different worries me. I do not have an unusual name, I am a UK citizen and have never been in trouble. I am really worried that I will not get my visa for my new job. Can anyone help or advise me on what to expect? When do I need to send my passport back to them?

Sorry this is a long one and thanks for your help!
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing London

There is no way of predicting, sorry.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You can expect to wait until they are done with Administrative Processing, which could be several years, and not to hear anything until then. It seems that your name flagged something in the system - if your name is common it may have matched with someone else in their system.

You do not send anything else (passport) until they request it. Expect it to be several months at the least.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnj2961
I applied for a BUSINESS/PERSONAL (B1/B2)CREWMEMBER (D) visa in the US embassy, London.
With respect, no - you didn't. You either applied for a B-1/B-2 visa or you applied for a C-1/D visa. You didn't apply for both unless you submitted two completely different visa applications (and the first one would be the wrong one anyway if you plan to be a crewmember).

I have sent the supporting documents to both emails, though the fact that they are both different worries me.
It shouldn't... it's normal - they are two different departments which deal with two different things.

I am really worried that I will not get my visa for my new job.
Yes, that's a possibility.

Can anyone help or advise me on what to expect?
You will hear absolutely nothing from them until such time as your visa is approved. It could take 2 weeks... it could take 2 months... it could take 2 years. There is absolutely nothing you can do to speed it up or find out where you are in the process or, indeed, find out why you are in the process. The only thing you can do, is wait.

When do I need to send my passport back to them?
Only after you hear back from them with a request to submit your passport. Do not send your passport until you hear from them.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Johnj2961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, no - you didn't. You either applied for a B-1/B-2 visa or you applied for a C-1/D visa. You didn't apply for both unless you submitted two completely different visa applications (and the first one would be the wrong one anyway if you plan to be a crewmember).

It shouldn't... it's normal - they are two different departments which deal with two different things.

Yes, that's a possibility.

You will hear absolutely nothing from them until such time as your visa is approved. It could take 2 weeks... it could take 2 months... it could take 2 years. There is absolutely nothing you can do to speed it up or find out where you are in the process or, indeed, find out why you are in the process. The only thing you can do, is wait.

Only after you hear back from them with a request to submit your passport. Do not send your passport until you hear from them.

Ian
Thanks For the information Ian, I do believe the visa I have applied for is correct as a number of people who are due to start the same role as me on the same day have done the same application and have the same DS-160 form as me which states an application for a B1/B2 visa that then gave us an additional option to click for a C1-D visa.

Is there any particular reason why the person who interviewed me said it was approved?

Is it worth getting my employer to email them confirming my employment with them?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:25 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The Officer that interviewed you may have wanted to approve, it may have been held by a Supervisor upon review, or perhaps they later checked a database and discovered a similar name.

Anything could have happened.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnj2961
Is there any particular reason why the person who interviewed me said it was approved?
Yes - she probably approved it and, as civilservant notes, it was likely her supervisor who suggested more information was needed. The first email you received is geared to getting clarification of who you are - which suggests that you're name got a hit on some database because someone else has the same or similar name. The second email suggests that they still aren't able to verify, on the information you provided, that you are who you say you are - and so additional background checks must be made.

Is it worth getting my employer to email them confirming my employment with them?
No. I doubt employment is the issue. This is about you... specifically - not the job.

Ian