Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Yancheps been here 14 months in Perth and still loving it

Yancheps been here 14 months in Perth and still loving it

Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yancheps been here 14 months in Perth and still loving it

Hi Guys,

This is my update;

My family and I have been here 14 months now and are still loving it.

We found a rental in Currambine, no problem, and got our 7 year old settled in Currambine Primary school, he loved it from day one and still does, the school is more like an extended family.

Job wise for my hubby was not what we expected, he is a Linesman, and according to agent he would walk into job no worries, that didnt work out as he had to do some western australia electricians tests first so for 4 months didnt have a job, but just as we were starting to panic, he was offered one so well happy.

We have now just bought our first house in Currambine and my daughter has come over from the UK on a years working visa to be with us, she is absolutely loving it and does not want to go home, one happy mum here

We love the laid back life, the chill out beaches and parks where we can meet up with great friends of a weekend that we have met.

I dont think the food shopping is cheaper than England and although the house prices are not cheap here in Joondalup you certainly do get a lot more house for your money than in England.

I have met lots of lovely friends here, and some not so lovely, but like everywhere you have to work out who you click with and who you dont.

For us I would definately say it has worked out and that we made the right move.

One thing I know helped me to settle in here big time being a stay at home mum was going on forums like this and arranging or going to meets, you met great people all of whom are in the same situation as you, put yourself out there and you will be fine.

Good Luck to all that have just come over and all those that are going to be coming over, it is definately better to come give it a go than to be thinking in years to come 'if only'

Merry Xmas to you all

Lo. xxx
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yancheps been here 14 months in Perth and still loving it

Hi there,

I remember you from one of the Joondalup coffee morning meets. Glad you still love it here.

We've been here now over two years - just starting down the road with the citizenship application. We also love it here - what's not to love, eh?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to you too & well done
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post and great news about your daughter. Hope the good life continues for you. Well done on making it work.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys xxx
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

So glad things are going well for you, we plan to depart for that part of the world in Jan 2011 and have been recieving some good advice on schools ect in the North.......such a big step but something we are so looking forward to returnig to do.

Merry Christmas
Matt Rach n Olly
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
So glad things are going well for you, we plan to depart for that part of the world in Jan 2011 and have been recieving some good advice on schools ect in the North.......such a big step but something we are so looking forward to returnig to do.

Merry Christmas
Matt Rach n Olly
So glad to hear another happy story about life in OZ.
We are still loving it here and if at all possible, love it more as time goes on.
Merry Xmas and all the best for 2010 x
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi Guys,

This is my update;

My family and I have been here 14 months now and are still loving it.

We found a rental in Currambine, no problem, and got our 7 year old settled in Currambine Primary school, he loved it from day one and still does, the school is more like an extended family.

Job wise for my hubby was not what we expected, he is a Linesman, and according to agent he would walk into job no worries, that didnt work out as he had to do some western australia electricians tests first so for 4 months didnt have a job, but just as we were starting to panic, he was offered one so well happy.

We have now just bought our first house in Currambine and my daughter has come over from the UK on a years working visa to be with us, she is absolutely loving it and does not want to go home, one happy mum here

We love the laid back life, the chill out beaches and parks where we can meet up with great friends of a weekend that we have met.

I dont think the food shopping is cheaper than England and although the house prices are not cheap here in Joondalup you certainly do get a lot more house for your money than in England.

I have met lots of lovely friends here, and some not so lovely, but like everywhere you have to work out who you click with and who you dont.

For us I would definately say it has worked out and that we made the right move.

One thing I know helped me to settle in here big time being a stay at home mum was going on forums like this and arranging or going to meets, you met great people all of whom are in the same situation as you, put yourself out there and you will be fine.

Good Luck to all that have just come over and all those that are going to be coming over, it is definately better to come give it a go than to be thinking in years to come 'if only'

Merry Xmas to you all

Lo. xxx
Hi Yanchep so nice to hear such positive feedback.

My husband and I have been talking about moving to Oz (Perth) for the last 5 years and have now decided to seriously consider it as we do not want to look back and think what if?

We are coming over end of Jan for 3 weeks to have a look (my sister lives in Butler). My husband is a commercial electrician and I am a finance officer and we have a 2 year old daughter. As my sister is older than me but is single and does not have children she does not know much about schools etc.

We would like to look at living North so we are closer to her but what areas would you recommend looking at ?

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there CandyGunners,

Well we live in Currambine and absolutely love it, it has everything here we need and is really close to the shopping centres and Burns Beach.

When we looked around I liked the look of Currambine and Joondalup as it is close to all amenities, Kinross looked quite nice too and a bit cheaper for houses.

My son whos 7 goes to Currambine school and loves it, hence why we decided to buy here.

Hope all goes well, have a drive around and get a feel for the place, thats the best way to do it.

Lo. xxx